Forums > Game Forums > Europe Racing > Err... Moscow's not in Europe!?

Giu's Brain (503) on 3/16/2014 1:51 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

"The European cities included are London, Vienna, Berlin, Madrid, Barcelona, Athens, Hamburg, Stockholm, England, Rome, Florence, Paris, Amsterdam, Marseille and Moscow - although that last city technically is not part of Europe."

Either I've learned the wrong geography back in school, or someone should submit a correction for this.

I mean Moscow's in Europe... right?

Patrick Bregger (301148) on 3/16/2014 1:59 PM · Permalink · Report

Oh no, not that discussion again.

CalaisianMindthief (8172) on 3/16/2014 3:50 PM · Permalink · Report

The eastern border is always an arbitrary one, although the Urals are more popular than others.

Starbuck the Third (22605) on 3/16/2014 4:17 PM · Permalink · Report

Or more importantly, since when has England been a city!?

Daniel Saner (3503) on 3/16/2014 4:23 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start havoc of smeg wrote--]Or more importantly, since when has England been a city!? [/Q --end havoc of smeg wrote--]

I'm sure they mean England in Schleswig-Holstein, Germany.

Indra was here (20754) on 3/16/2014 4:54 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start havoc of smeg wrote--]Or more importantly, since when has England been a city!? [/Q --end havoc of smeg wrote--]Pretty sure there are some chaps up north who would like to see that. :p

Unicorn Lynx (181774) on 3/16/2014 4:43 PM · Permalink · Report

"Europe" (part of the continent Eurasia) is a geopolitical definition rather than a purely geographical one. Nevertheless, the commonly accepted border of Europe north of the Caspian See are Ural Mountains. Since Moscow is to the west of these mountains, it is in Europe.

Giu's Brain (503) on 3/16/2014 5:56 PM · Permalink · Report

My thoughts exactly.

I know that the border between Europe and Asia is a bit of a contentious issue and that it's pretty arbitrary, however this is the first time I hear/read that Moscow isn't in Europe. Otherwise I wouldn't even have brought it up.

CalaisianMindthief (8172) on 3/16/2014 6:47 PM · Permalink · Report

You'd be surprised how many Europeans do not consider Western Russia a part of Europe.

Fred VT (25953) on 3/16/2014 6:56 PM · Permalink · Report

Well some part of Europe (West of Russia, mostly) should be considered a single Country. It is so small :P

And here people make a fuss when a province that is almost as big as that area wants to split from the rest of the Country... XD

Indra was here (20754) on 3/16/2014 4:52 PM · Permalink · Report

Oh, it's that time of year again already? Third or fourth time we've discussed this. At this rate, this really should be an annual MG tradition.

goes off to prepare beer rounds

The Fabulous King (1332) on 3/16/2014 8:07 PM · Permalink · Report

Russia is every single continent that has ever existed in every time and space continuum ever. Yes, Russia is even Australia. That's how simple it is.