Forums > Game Forums > AD&D Dark Sun Online: Crimson Sands > no permission to use screenshots

Pseudo_Intellectual (66423) on 2/13/2008 7:14 AM · Permalink · Report

Sadly, while I stumbled across more than a few folks who sentimentally took screencaps of the game in play, online, over ten years ago... and eventually put them up for viewing online... in none of these cases was the contact information for the orphan pages still valid, leaving me unable to submit shots directly to the database with permission.

This page is pretty typical... with its wistful tone of sentimentality. There appears to be combat underway here, and, well, more shots here. Here you have one of the early gaming "guilds".

(And here's an unexpected bonus: a YouTube clip of the rare introductory movie, only included with the first, CD-ROM distribution of the client software.)

Also related: maps to areas in a game long since unplayable. Makes me kinda maudlin!

Virgil (8563) on 2/13/2008 1:21 PM · Permalink · Report

Yeah, no way to make screens now, maybe with exception of the autorun. Music at the end of the movie seems familiar, it's the same as in DS2. There's big post-mortem article on gamasutra about this game, in case you're curious.

Pseudo_Intellectual (66423) on 2/13/2008 1:25 PM · Permalink · Report

There's big post-mortem article on gamasutra about this game

Yeah... you might have seen I submitted it to the game's Links/Searches section when I made the game entry initially. (There, got my obligatory daily reference to the link ghetto inadequacy out of the way!)