Forums > Game Forums > Turbo Learning: Mega Math > Has anyone got the mouse to work?

Katakis | カタキス (43087) on 5/31/2015 12:47 PM · Permalink · Report

I am trying to play this game, but I can't seem to get the mouse to work, nor can I select it in the install program. There is one line in the RESOURCE.CFG that says "mouseDrv = none". I know that there is supposed to be a filename in place of 'none', but there is no file which indicates that there is a *.DRV file for the mouse.

I deleted the RESOURCE.CFG file and run the install program again. This time there was an option for selecting the mouse, which I did. Now, RESOURCE.CFG says "mouseDrv = STDMOUSE.DRV" but the mouse in the game still doesn't work.

Rwolf (22836) on 5/31/2015 2:14 PM · Permalink · Report

I've not played that game, so I'm guessing...

I assume you have a standard mouse driver or freedos mouse driver normally in DOSbox? There are some games requiring two-button mouse, if the mouse cursor is there but is acting strange, there is also a mouse-lock option that may help, if there is a problem with window boundaries, according to the dosbox help file. (or D-Fend reloaded's helpfile, in my case)

Maybe you could try to ask the person who uploaded the existing screenshots for the game, as some of them show a mouse cursor.

Cavalary (11445) on 5/31/2015 5:20 PM · Permalink · Report

Those shots were uploaded in 2004, different OSs and hardware then. And the uploader made nearly all their points that year, just 2 more covers uploaded in 2006, nothing else.

Katakis | カタキス (43087) on 6/6/2015 10:47 AM · Permalink · Report

Interesting. I just found out that if you set the soundblaster type to "sb2" in DOSBox's .conf file and select "Sound Blaster Card" in the installation program, the mouse works.

But I have no idea how the sound card would affect the mouse like this.