Forums > Game Forums > GoldenEye 007 > Worth the playing time ?

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 5/16/2008 12:27 PM · Permalink · Report

Are the last two levels really worth playing all the other levels on all the difficulty levels ?

The Fabulous King (1332) on 5/16/2008 12:30 PM · Permalink · Report

I would like to know that too. I played this game furiously some 8 years ago, but I never managed to unlock the final two levels.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 5/16/2008 3:34 PM · Permalink · Report

I've had to use cheats to finish some levels with the harder difficulties.

The Fabulous King (1332) on 5/16/2008 4:00 PM · Permalink · Report

On the other hand, I just remembered the level where you have to protect Natalia. Lost all my desire to play it again. Worst level ever. And I only beat it once and it was an accident.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 5/16/2008 4:05 PM · Permalink · Report

Uhhggg....I just remembered that level. And there's more than one !

Dae (7215) on 5/21/2008 5:54 AM · Permalink · Report

I can't remember what's the last level like, but if the second last was the Aztec building, I remember it being quite fun at least when played with a friend.

BurningStickMan (17916) on 5/21/2008 2:03 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

The first of the bonus levels is based off Moonraker, and has you trying to change coordinates of a shuttle before it launches. Design is pretty neat. Everyone has those yellow jumpsuits from the film. The command center particularly looks like the movie set. You get to fight Jaws, you get the "Moonraker Laser" (which shoots through things), and there's a lot of button pushing and "upload this" gadgetry. I liked this one, and thought it was pretty inspired. Actually has a giant shuttle model to boot.

Second bonus level is in an Egyptian temple where you fight Baron Samedi from Live and Let Die. The entire level is basically a showcase for the Golden Gun, which, since its major feature is just to kill everyone in one shot, isn't all that exciting. You have to navigate a floor trap to get the gun. You have to battle through some respawning, heavily-armed guards. You chase Baron Samedi all around the temple, shoot him in three different encounters (the Golden Gun still works on him) and you're done. Wasn't a fan of this one. They probably should have switched the order since (as I remember) you have to do more work to get this level.

So, Moonraker level (Aztec) is worth it. Golden Gun level (Egyptian) is meh. I'm pretty confident you can use a cheat code to unlock all levels without the hassle of protecting Natalya and getting shot from all directions on the final antenna level.

beetle120 (2415) on 5/21/2008 2:09 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Just Games Retro wrote--] So, Moonraker level is worth it. Aztec level is meh. I'm pretty confident you can use a cheat code to unlock all levels without the hassle of protecting Natalya and getting shot from all directions on the final antenna level. [/Q --end Just Games Retro wrote--] I hate that level, even with full cheats I could not pass it.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 5/21/2008 3:49 PM · Permalink · Report

Trust me, I've tried to finds cheats that let you skip levels. Other than a Game Shark, there aren't any. I'm using invisibility to finish most of the harder difficulty levels. Oh, if you wan't to pass the different difficulties you have to enter the cheats in game.

J. P. Gray (115) on 5/29/2008 2:18 AM · Permalink · Report

Yes. They're super cool. Aztec in particular has some spectacular set pieces. Just practice getting head shots reliably for most "sneaking" levels, and try to absorb any fire from guys shooting Natalia yourself, and you should be okay. The Alec level (Cradle?) and the Jungle can be a huge crapshoot on the higher difficulties. Some guy halfway across the map, ensconced in fog, can easily clip you right in the face and ruin everything.