Forums > Game Forums > The Dig > How did you like the voice acting in this game?

LepricahnsGold (142737) on 5/30/2007 6:50 PM · Permalink · Report

I always felt that the voice acting in this game lacked some oomph. Like the actors did not take their jobs seriously or felt work like this was beneath them and were going through the motions. Compare the voice work here to, say, Fallout or Fallout 2. The voice work there was, I felt, generally, much better.

Unicorn Lynx (181681) on 5/31/2007 1:03 AM · Permalink · Report

That was their intention, IMHO. They needed goofy voice acting to match the B-movie spoof.

The greatness of "The Dig" can only be appreciated if we don't take it completely seriously.

Shoddyan (15006) on 6/6/2007 9:31 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Unicorn B. Lynx wrote--]That was their intention, IMHO. They needed goofy voice acting to match the B-movie spoof.

The greatness of "The Dig" can only be appreciated if we don't take it completely seriously. [/Q --end Unicorn B. Lynx wrote--]

Wow... I played it all wrong then.

LepricahnsGold (142737) on 6/8/2007 3:12 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Unicorn B. Lynx wrote--]That was their intention, IMHO. They needed goofy voice acting to match the B-movie spoof.

The greatness of "The Dig" can only be appreciated if we don't take it completely seriously. [/Q --end Unicorn B. Lynx wrote--] Hmmm. Maybe. It also pales in comparison to Grim Fandango but lots of things compare to that game's great acting, IMHO.