Forums > Game Forums > Droplitz > Dispute over who produced the original concept.

James Fletcher (1) on 12/16/2020 8:14 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Hi my name is James Fletcher and I created the concept and prototype version of Droplitz one year before Blitz games, although I came up with the concept and started working on it in 2007 the only verifiable dates that I can prove begin in 2008, and the only verifiable dates Blitz can prove begin in 2009 exactly a year's gap to the month. I have written about my account in much detail over at my Medium article in the following link, how Blitz games effectively, and knowingly stole a game concept I originally designed and never received any credit for:

https://james-william-fletcher.medium.com/the-time-that-blitz-games-studio-of-leamington-spa-stole-my-game-idea-9eeab25e0592

Or you additionally can google "The time that Blitz Games Studio of Leamington Spa stole my game idea." in order to find the article I have mentioned.

Sciere (930793) on 12/16/2020 9:05 AM · Permalink · Report

We can't judge, but feel free to add your article as a link in the related websites section of this game, so your voice is added here.

Rwolf (22836) on 12/16/2020 12:34 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

And how is it our release date for the game is many years before the alleged prototype? Not judging, but something is not matching up here.

edit: ok, the OP corrected the dates. (Both games looks like pipe-mania variants, of which there have been many made since 1989.)

Foxhack (32100) on 12/16/2020 6:36 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

It's a typo in their post. The actual linked article mentions the project was finished in 2008.

James Fletcher (1) on 12/17/2020 6:47 AM · Permalink · Report

Thank you for the advice, I have submitted a request for the link to be added to the related websites section.

Andrew Cole on 1/11/2021 9:40 AM · Permalink · Report

great.