🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Risen > Out of all the lamest plots in gaming history...

Indra was here (20755) on 3/20/2011 9:07 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Just finished this game. Apparently whoever wrote the story for this game should get a medal:

1. Follow story, which ends up freeing the final boss;
  2. Imprison final boss, which already was imprisoned in the first place;
  3. Forget about saving the world;
  4. Be rewarded for not saving the world and imprisoning the final boss that (and I repeat) was already imprisoned in the first place.

Wants to smash head into wall.

People get paid to write this stuff up?

j.raido 【雷堂嬢太朗】 (95651) on 3/20/2011 9:15 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Unclosed tags bug. :)

So what you're saying is that the story of this game is that you get rewarded for fixing your own fuckup so that things aren't noticeably worse than they were before you showed up.

Sounds like real life to me. :P

Indra was here (20755) on 3/20/2011 9:44 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start 雷堂承太朗 -djsw- wrote--][1] Unclosed tags bug. :)

[2] So what you're saying is that the story of this game is that you get rewarded for fixing your own fuckup so that things aren't noticeably worse than they were before you showed up.

Sounds like real life to me. :P [/Q --end 雷堂承太朗 -djsw- wrote--] [1] Oops (again).

[2] More or less similar to the US foreign policy: train foreign separatists only to have them become the enemy 20 years later. Duh.

I'm extremely annoyed that as the story goes in the game from beginning to end, practically nothing noteworthy has changed except for the player now having armor and money.

The writers must've been CIA rejects. :p

Indra was here (20755) on 3/20/2011 7:08 PM · Permalink · Report

Oh, by the way. The final boss wasn't even the bad guy. :p

Daniel Saner (3503) on 4/4/2011 7:30 PM · Permalink · Report

I'm intrigued now. Will have to play.

In any case... the journey is the destination, or something like that? =D

Indra was here (20755) on 4/4/2011 7:47 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Daniel Saner wrote--]In any case... the journey is the destination, or something like that? =D [/Q --end Daniel Saner wrote--]Only when you don't know where you're going. :p Only warning about the game you need to know is, don't choose the wrong faction.