🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > OpenTTD > Submission

Geamandura (2326) on 4/10/2010 2:13 PM · Permalink · Report

Hi. Why is there a cover submitted for this game?

Patrick Bregger (301035) on 4/10/2010 2:59 PM · Permalink · Report

This is a good question. What we have here as cover is a Screenshot from the official site.

Pseudo_Intellectual (66362) on 4/10/2010 5:28 PM · Permalink · Report

That's an awfully loose interpretation of "cover".

Zeppin (8408) on 4/10/2010 6:34 PM · Permalink · Report

It's what's used for most of RetroSpec's games, though admittedly their use of it is more representative of a "cover" than is the case here.

formercontrib (157510) on 4/10/2010 6:43 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

It is gone, and so 3 points for Macs_Black, should he bite you guys in the neck - you know why ;)====

Now look at this, such a beauty - i'm not sure if you deserve it, but Macs gave it to you... http://www.mobygames.com/game/openttd/cover-art/gameCoverId,181548/

Geamandura (2326) on 4/12/2010 2:33 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start joyvalley wrote--]It is gone, and so 3 points for Macs_Black, should he bite you guys in the neck - you know why ;)====

Now look at this, such a beauty - i'm not sure if you deserve it, but Macs gave it to you... http://www.mobygames.com/game/openttd/cover-art/gameCoverId,181548/ [/Q --end joyvalley wrote--]

Haha.

Okay but seriously why does Macs Black insist on having a cover image to a game that doesn't have a cover at all? And why are these approved anyhow?

vedder (70852) on 4/12/2010 2:55 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Didn't you know? We accept just about everything for downloadable games.

Another good example here

Geamandura (2326) on 4/12/2010 3:03 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Oh yeah I totally understand the examples you gave. Because they are representations of the game on various channels of distributions of those games. So in turn also Macs Black's submitted cover should be the representation of OpenTTD on some channel of distribution. That's what I meant to say earlier. If OpenTTD 1.0 is not distributed (yet) on some channel of distribution that offers an electronic cover, then maybe we shouldn't invent one such cover? Although this 2nd one looks damn good :)

vedder (70852) on 4/12/2010 3:28 PM · Permalink · Report

Well I guess it's OK if there's no other possible cover in existence.

Who knows, 200 years from now we might have a "Logo" section for games and then we can just move this over :)

formercontrib (157510) on 4/12/2010 3:45 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start MtFR wrote--]Oh yeah I totally understand the examples you gave. Because they are representations of the game on various channels of distributions of those games. So in turn also Macs Black's submitted cover should be the representation of OpenTTD on some channel of distribution. That's what I meant to say earlier. If OpenTTD 1.0 is not distributed (yet) on some channel of distribution that offers an electronic cover, then maybe we shouldn't invent one such cover? Although this 2nd one looks damn good :) [/Q --end MtFR wrote--]

My deepest condolences - you really have a hard life...

Geamandura (2326) on 4/12/2010 5:23 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start joyvalley wrote--] My deepest condolences - you really have a hard life... [/Q --end joyvalley wrote--]

That's the way to go joyvalley, hit me with that professional attitude everybody's expecting from you as an approver.