🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Tomb Raider II > Even Ebay uses our screenshots !

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 10/30/2008 11:46 AM · Permalink · Report

Don't believe me ? Proof .

DJP Mom (11333) on 10/30/2008 12:03 PM · Permalink · Report

It's the seller using Moby shots, not Ebay :)

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 10/30/2008 7:11 PM · Permalink · Report

Well you know what I mean. 8)

festershinetop (9572) on 10/30/2008 8:16 PM · Permalink · Report

Yeah people have been doing it for years. I remember searching for "in this game you play the role of" + ebay in google and it found about 50 + games with my description and screenshots. I always start my description off with that line.

I contacted the person in question who'd copied by description and screenshots and they claimed they get the games and descriptions from a supplier. I asked who this supplier was and they never replied back. I did email them and ask that they put a link to mobygames at the bottom of the description and state that's where it originated but again i was ignored.

I suppose thats just the downside of having a massive archive of quality information and screenshots, someone is gonna start taking without giving anything back.

If it were Play.Com or Amazon id be more annoyed but its just the way it goes

Also the game in question was dalek attack on a CD-R and it was so obviously not an official game but a pirate copy yet ebay didnt want to know when i reported it and the seller still sells these today.

formercontrib (157510) on 10/30/2008 8:21 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Yepp, an old problem: I remember there was once a guy, copying my complete Ebay-auction, with the text, my graphics, my screenshots, using my webspace! ... the auction wasn't really successfull, i exchanged the graphics and screenshots on my webspace during the auction, with fat naked-women and an huge swine calling itselves an swine, he had no answer to an ebay-member why he uses such "vulgar contents" within his auction... ;)

festershinetop (9572) on 10/30/2008 8:53 PM · Permalink · Report

Ha thats well funny he truly deserved that.

I did a search on ebay for Dalek Attack but they arent on there anymore i got a sneaky suspicion someone at the beeb had a word and ebay pulled there finger out.