Forums > Game Forums > Destructoid Review: Mad Dog McCree Gunslinger Pack > Game, huh?

BurningStickMan (17916) on 10/30/2011 2:30 AM · Permalink · Report

Apparently we will officially let anything in now.

Sciere (930968) on 10/30/2011 9:33 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

It really is a game, creative use of YouTube annotations and very fitting for the topic. Pseudo will convince you if needed.

Pseudo_Intellectual (66423) on 10/31/2011 6:45 AM · Permalink · Report

Don't get me started!

BurningStickMan (17916) on 10/31/2011 4:40 PM · Permalink · Report

Creative, sure. Good satire, you bet! A game? Ehh..

Check this out, I found another one!. There's the buttons that appear at the bottom, and when you click them, they take you to a new video! Just like a choose your own adventure! It's interactive, brah!

I mean, I'm not bitter that the Game Room client, PS Home, and that Star Trek Captain's Chair thing still aren't considered "games" while this is or anything.

Pseudo_Intellectual (66423) on 10/31/2011 5:17 PM · Permalink · Report

I don't think this is any less a game than any light-gun game. It's just a very short, low-budget, postmodern one. But you know, the database is large and has room for lots of things; the inclusion of this shouldn't be seen as being at the expense of something else, except inasmuch as someone decided to submit this and not something else.

Pseudo_Intellectual (66423) on 10/31/2011 5:19 PM · Permalink · Report

More to the point, the case for these kinds of "games" has already been made and doesn't require spirited argument and looking for loopholes in our restrictive platform system. Yes, our system lets in both good and bad games both, as long as they're easy to approve.

St. Martyne (3648) on 10/31/2011 9:29 PM · Permalink · Report

That was cool, even though I really find all Mad Dog games fun to play.