Forums > Game Forums > Deiland > New entry needed?

Freeman (65099) on 11/8/2023 3:12 AM · Reply · Permalink · Report

In 2021, the original release of Deiland was delisted from Steam and a new 'remastered' version was released. In cases like this, do we add a new entry or just update the existing entry with new release info (I see that both sets of promo images are already on file).

Rwolf (22836) on 11/8/2023 1:48 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Have you seen any specifics about the remaster content?

Looking at the Steam promo images, the 2021 sets 1-4 images are identical to the earlier 2018 sets images 2-5, so not much seems to have changed there. What bugs I read about in reviews talked about issues with achievements, so maybe those were fixed with the remaster? We don't have Steams tech requirements from 2018, so it could be some changes happened there?

With the limited info available, I'd suggest a new release info with notes about the earlier de-listing could be enough.

Freeman (65099) on 11/8/2023 11:27 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

From their kickstarter page:

• Season System: With Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter, the whole game changes.
  • New content, recipes, structures and crops.
  • All DLCs already launched on PC, for the first time on a console for free.
  • Graphics and gameplay improvements.
  • New music themes, exclusive for the Pocket Planet Edition.

So the new season system seems to be the major change. Also, the original Steam release seems to have DLC released which is now included for free with the new version.

"We released a couple of DLCs for Deiland in the past two years. Now, you'll be able to enjoy these DLCs for the first time on console."

The original 2018 release was for Steam/PS4 (excluding the 2016 Android/iOS releases which are also now delisted). Also, looking at the Playstation Store, each version (Deiland & Pocket Planet) have separate store pages.

Rwolf (22836) on 11/9/2023 1:13 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

The gameplay seasons system is more of a change, yes, and if the old game version is still available, albeit only for some platforms (or not automatically updated) then a new entry would be required I think. Now the alternate names listed with the original game - are these still valid as is, or should they also diverge depending on the platform?

Freeman (65099) on 11/9/2023 9:43 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

'Deiland: Pocket Planet' is the name of the 2021 release for all 4 platforms (Steam, Switch, PS4, Xbox One). Would it be better to add a new entry under 'add game' (with a note of what to split off) or just to do a page split?

Rwolf (22836) on 11/9/2023 10:03 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

My feeling is a new entry with the new title for the remastered version & platforms would be the best (easiest to create), since we still have the old versions available. (Also reference back to the older versions in the description for the new one). Unless someone else has other ideas?

Freeman (65099) on 11/10/2023 1:49 AM · Reply · Permalink · Report

I've submitted a new entry with a note on what needs to be moved over.

A separate question on gameplay categories: what do we usually use for these types of farm sims? The game describes itself as being inspired by Harvest Moon & Stardew Valley, yet the former is classified under 'Managerial / business simulation' while the latter uses 'City building / construction simulation', neither of which seems quite correct.