🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Bugs > New game visible, then suddenly inaccessible.

MAT (240968) on 12/20/2013 11:17 AM · Permalink · Report

Just recently approved game, Beyond: Two Souls... as I first clicked on it, I entered the game page here...

http://www.mobygames.com/game/ps3/beyond-two-souls

...but when I tried to add it to have list, it displays a webpage saying...

The requested page could not be found, perhaps one of these games might be what you are looking for.

Beyond: Two Souls

But when I click on the link it shows me the same page in circles.

Now, the original link doesn't how me the game page either. Is this something temporary due to a cache or page generation, or what, because some games approved after this one have no such problem.

Kabushi (261212) on 12/20/2013 4:24 PM · Permalink · Report

Natual Selection 2 had the same thing yesterday, but is working now. I don't know if that was fixed manually or not.

MAT (240968) on 12/21/2013 2:27 PM · Permalink · Report

Beyond: Two Souls is still inaccessible even day after approval.

Now other strange things started to happen as well.

Check these screenshots:
- http://www.mobygames.com/game/ps3/heavy-rain-chronicle-one-the-taxidermist/screenshots
- http://www.mobygames.com/game/ps3/f1-2011/screenshots

You can see the shots, but when you click on "main summary", game shows there are no shots there. Is this some strange error from that new GameFly design mixed with old code or something?

Simon Carless (1834) on 12/21/2013 6:24 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

For me, Beyond Two Souls is working but Natural Selection 2 is not, right now. There may be some issue with caching or some other bug going on. Can other people reproduce?

[EDIT: 5 minutes later, Natural Selection 2 is working for me again. VERY weird.]

Patrick Bregger (301035) on 12/21/2013 6:31 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Beyond Two Souls worked for me yesterday after MAT's post, but not today morning. And now it suddenly works again. Weird.

MAT (240968) on 12/22/2013 3:24 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Just checked Beyond: Two Souls now now and it worked. But the moment I clicked on Main Summary link, it stopped working again and it's not working from now on again. Weird unknown bug.

F1 2011 screenshots weren't visible wither.

I FIGURE WHEN The BUG APPEARS!! I THINK.

When I go through search engine, all is working fine, Beyond: Two Souls as well.

But when I go through "New Games" or "New Updates" to see the game or screenshots, it disappears sometimes. Hm...

AH, THE HELL It DOES...

Just tried it again, Beyond Two Souls is not working again.

I cannot imagine the type of bug that should cause this.

PS: By the way, there have been some strange bugs from time to time. I noticed some of my old covers simply disappearing from the site, having to re-upload them. This can be that sort of mysterious supernatural bug that is simply unfixable. Ghost in the servers, hehe.

MAT (240968) on 12/22/2013 4:08 AM · Permalink · Report

Okay, this phenomenon is appearing in various forms and things. Some screenshots not visible, but if you manually type in the link you always see them. The number of shots incorrect on the game main page, sometimes enough to remove the screenshot link beneath the small images. Not sure if this is because there has to be some time for site to cache or generate pages, but some entries are fine and some are not, so I would say it's some sort of bug.

No rush, but looking forward when you guys start fixing the code :)

And things like inability to see a game entry or game pretending it doesn't have images when it does should definitely be on top priority list.

Cheers!

MAT (240968) on 12/22/2013 4:12 AM · Permalink · Report

Simon,

Current site seems like it didn't revert to previous code. The thing of game not displaying Screenshot link as active when it has shots is something only happened in the new GameFly design.

Might be the same bug with not displaying some game.

Please take into consideration that while you reverted design to its old self, they might've messed up with the code a bit as well, and code might not have been reverted to what it was before the new design kicked in.

Brian Hirt (10409) on 12/22/2013 4:59 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

The code was reverted back in full. However, at the same time the redesign happened, moby moved from dedicated servers in a datacenter to a cloud provider. This issue is related to a different infrastructure that is appeantly effecting caching. I'll circle back with reed on this. I know exactly what's happening.

There might be other issues related to the infrastrucure move. Keep and eye out for odd behaviour and let Reed and Simon know. I'm sure they will get it sorted out quickly.

MAT (240968) on 12/22/2013 5:02 PM · Permalink · Report

Excellent, Brian! Nice to see you still here :)

Simon Carless (1834) on 12/22/2013 7:00 PM · Permalink · Report

Ah, thanks, Brian! (Brian continues to help us with transition and knows things that we do not in some cases!)

chirinea (47495) on 12/22/2013 7:11 PM · Permalink · Report

That's awesome! I hope Brian will continue working with us even after the transition!

MAT (240968) on 12/23/2013 2:07 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Simon Carless wrote--]Ah, thanks, Brian! (Brian continues to help us with transition and knows things that we do not in some cases!) [/Q --end Simon Carless wrote--]

Brian being the one to have coded this site from scratch, I doubt there is anyone who knows the code and its quirks better than him. If you ever get stumped, he's the right one to ask until you get fully familiar with the code ;))

MAT (240968) on 1/20/2014 5:04 AM · Permalink · Report

I got a Pm from a user who cannot access the game from his have list, and I just tried it and it's inaccessible. The game in question is PS2 version of Soccer Mania.

Until recently, the game was called Lego Soccer Mania, and link still leads to lego_soccer_mania instead of soccer_mania_ but even the second link is forwarding to the old link where nothing's there.

In other words, even renaming the primary title that serves as game link leads to potential problems like this.

I hope this will get fixed soon, because it may take a 1-2 weeks until it resolves itself on its own, and that's still a big IF.