🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > MobyGames > Items approval

Hypercake (1310) on 4/4/2009 9:33 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Hello. I've uploaded a few screenshots/a game entry for two PSP games. The problem is that I haven't received any response on my submission for weeks! Is there any reason to this? I thought that if a submission isn't good (if that's the problem with my submission(s)), it gets rejected, not ignored. At least, if it would get rejected I could fix the things that need it.

vedder (70822) on 4/4/2009 10:07 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Don't worry, it won't be ignored. The submission will be looked at eventually. But there's a lot of data submitted on a daily basis. For some platforms/categories more than for others and not all approvers have access to all submission queues. So depending on the platform, the type of submission, the current status of the queues and availability of the approvers (volunteers) it might take more or less time before it gets looked at.

Hypercake (1310) on 4/4/2009 10:27 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

I understand. I'll wait some more then. It's just that I got used to getting my submissions approved in a few days.

vedder (70822) on 4/4/2009 12:02 PM · Permalink · Report

Yeah it can feel a bit random from this end. Some of my stuff is processed within a couple days. But on the other hand I still have new game entries pending that I submitted last September/October.

MobyGames sometimes requires some patience and trust in the approvers :)

Indra was here (20755) on 4/4/2009 4:50 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start stvedder wrote--]Don't worry, it won't be ignored. [/Q --end stvedder wrote--] Aye. We only ignore review submissions with filled with bad grammar, incorrect capitalization, punctuation, to the point where one really wonders where they went to school growing up. :p

Kaminari (1081) on 4/4/2009 12:36 PM · Permalink · Report

Don't worry. I have submissions which are almost a full year old.

I'm not sure what MG is lacking most. Contributors or moderators. Both?

Foxhack (32100) on 4/4/2009 2:15 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Kaminari wrote--]Don't worry. I have submissions which are almost a full year old.

I'm not sure what MG is lacking most. Contributors or moderators. Both? [/Q --end Kaminari wrote--]Approvers, actually.

It's just that certain queues are approved more often than others. Not all of us are qualified to approve certain things, for instance.

What's the stuff you sent about a year ago? Trivia? That particular queue is in a bit of a problem, we still have tons of stuff left to approve in the queue.

Indra was here (20755) on 4/4/2009 4:54 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Kit Silva wrote--]Not all of us are qualified to approve certain things, for instance.[/Q --end Kit Silva wrote--] I'm not qualified to approve 80% of the things in MG. Hehe.

But seriously, its not really hard to see it from the approver side. You send in a submission, they (we) have to verify whether or not the information is correct and complete. Providing dubious or worse, no sources that the approver can check on, may provoke the approver to...sulk. :p

Xoleras (66141) on 4/4/2009 5:06 PM · Permalink · Report

You should say "80% of the things I have access in MG". :P

Indra was here (20755) on 4/4/2009 5:17 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Xoleras wrote--]You should say "80% of the things I have access in MG". :P [/Q --end Xoleras wrote--] Oh, that too. :p

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 4/4/2009 7:34 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Kit Silva wrote--] [Q2 --start Kaminari wrote--]Don't worry. I have submissions which are almost a full year old.

I'm not sure what MG is lacking most. Contributors or moderators. Both? [/Q2 --end Kaminari wrote--]Approvers, actually.

It's just that certain queues are approved more often than others. Not all of us are qualified to approve certain things, for instance.

What's the stuff you sent about a year ago? Trivia? That particular queue is in a bit of a problem, we still have tons of stuff left to approve in the queue. [/Q --end Kit Silva wrote--]

Speaking of which, since I now have over a 1000 points, can I be a approver for the Jaguar now ?

Foxhack (32100) on 4/4/2009 8:07 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--] [Q2 --start Kit Silva wrote--] [Q3 --start Kaminari wrote--]Don't worry. I have submissions which are almost a full year old.

I'm not sure what MG is lacking most. Contributors or moderators. Both? [/Q3 --end Kaminari wrote--]Approvers, actually.

What's the stuff you sent about a year ago? Trivia? That particular queue is in a bit of a problem, we still have tons of stuff left to approve in the queue. [/Q2 --end Kit Silva wrote--] Speaking of which, since I now have over a 1000 points, can I be a approver for the Jaguar now ? [/Q --end DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--] Take it up with the admins, not me.

That said, I don't think there really is that much to add to the Jaguar anyway. :p

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 4/4/2009 8:10 PM · Permalink · Report

Ok, what about DOS or Genesis ?

Corn Popper (69027) on 4/5/2009 3:19 AM · Permalink · Report

We're good in those areas, and besides 1000 points doesn't automatically mean you're ready to approve. We'd like to see more "rounded" contributions as most of your points come from screenshots. Even some of the newer approvers will tell you it's not as easy as it may seem.

beetle120 (2415) on 4/5/2009 12:46 PM · Permalink · Report

I thought I was ready to start approving things at at 1000 points but the approving job is not as easy as it seems. There is a lot to it and you will have to know almost everything about the platforms you approve for and the only way to learn that is heaps of submissions and research, way more then a 1000 points worth. Keep at it and, like Corn Popper said, put more "rounded" contributions in and you'll get there some day and then you'll see why they said you wasn't ready yet.

Indra was here (20755) on 4/5/2009 5:29 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start beetle120 wrote--]I thought I was ready to start approving things at at 1000 points but the approving job is not as easy as it seems.[/Q --end beetle120 wrote--]

It's a nice idea, until you actually become one.
Then you realize, you just sold your soul to the MobyGods and begin to forget what having a real life actually is like...

On the upside, we do get to gossip about contributors on the approver forums. Muahaha!

BurningStickMan (17916) on 4/4/2009 10:38 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Kit Silva wrote--] That said, I don't think there really is that much to add to the Jaguar anyway. :p [/Q --end Kit Silva wrote--]

As someone who is currently going through the Jaguar collection and doing just that...

...he's absolutely right. Anybody got $400 I can have to buy Battlesphere?