Forums > MobyGames > Site Update (March 30th)

MobyReed (325) on 3/31/2014 12:57 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

I'm very excited about this update, because... we've resolved the long standing cache problem!! (e.g, the issue w/ new game urls not updating or newly approved games blinking in and out of existence, etc). Additionally, you should find the site a good bit faster. A big huge Moby-sized thanks to Brian Hirt for his help.

A few other things:

• Added a page for Patrons, which will be updated with the supporters as soon as we get their info
  • As a special thanks to early supporters, the first 100 Patrons will be forever immortalized as a Founding Patron
  • Tweaked the Reward tiers w/ thanks to your feedback; Now gold star and ad removal are at the $5 tier. $25 now includes a thank you in the Weekly Whale and a link to your website or twitter account. Removed the $50 and $100 tiers, so there's a clearer distinction between who the tiers are aimed at (users vs companies - though anyone can choose any tier)
  • If there's a reward we're missing that you would find compelling, please let us know!
  • Added a handful more quotes to the footer from community suggestions

chirinea (47495) on 3/31/2014 1:50 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Reedx wrote--]Additionally, you should find the site a good bit faster. [/Q --end Reedx wrote--]Navigating here in the forums is noticeably faster, great job!

Indra was here (20755) on 3/31/2014 4:49 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Reedx wrote--]Additionally, you should find the site a good bit faster. [/Q --end Reedx wrote--]Ja. It's noticeably much faster now. Thought my ISP was sulking again. Though the forums (e.g. read posts, new posts, etc.) are still a bit off and not updating in real-time.

Patrick Bregger (301039) on 3/31/2014 4:03 PM · Permalink · Report

I just wanted to send off a compliment to the speed improvements, but boy it is unbearable slow right now.

MobyReed (325) on 3/31/2014 4:51 PM · Permalink · Report

The site was getting hammered by a scrapper this morning. I keep blocking them, but they're really persistent and changing IPs. :/

vileyn0id_8088 (21040) on 4/3/2014 11:41 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start MobyReed wrote--]- Added a handful more quotes to the footer from community suggestions[/Q --end MobyReed wrote--] A handful indeed, all from the more popular/recognizable titles suggested. It is not a Bad Thing to try to stand out from the crowd a tiny bit, even in the little things.
Sure, at the end of the day the choice of a little quote in the footer doesn't matter one bit, but the spirit/personality of the site ultimately do.

Not to be a Negative Nelly, mind you... the speed improvements, caching fix, etc. are definitely noticed and appreciated.