🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > MobyGames > Man, this is a weird item to add...

Foxhack (32100) on 9/16/2006 8:24 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

So I just found a ten-CD compilation at the flea market. About five of those CDs are full games; one is Heretic (Shareware), and the other four are home, children and cooking stuff. I only bought it because it had a CD version of Isle of the Dead (what can I say? I'm a sucker for zombies!)

Now, I have a problem. I plan to add it to the database, but there's the issue of the non-game CDs. The games are:
Gateway II: Homeworld
General Admission Baseball
Isle Of The Dead (yay!)
The Magic Death: Virtual Murder II
Heretic (Shareware)
Time Out Sports Basketball

The non game CDs are:
Kids Can Read! Aesop's Fables
The Family Doctor
The Family Circle Cookbook
Adventures

... so what do I do? Do I scan the non-game CDs for completeness' sake? I know they're not games, but since this is supposed to document all media included with the game packages... Not to mention, what about Heretic? Do I include it? Since it's shareware...

Thoughts? (Edited to add linebreaks.)

Riamus (8480) on 9/16/2006 9:43 PM · Permalink · Report

Well, shareware is accepted on the site, so scans of that are fine. I'm not sure about the non-game stuff. I think it should all be scanned, but that's just me.

Shoddyan (15004) on 9/16/2006 11:15 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Riamus wrote--]Well, shareware is accepted on the site, so scans of that are fine. I'm not sure about the non-game stuff. I think it should all be scanned, but that's just me. [/Q --end Riamus wrote--]

It's a compilation disc. Everything he mentioned is in one package. I think he can submit a new game entry for that (see "Gold Games"), but I'm not entirely sure...

Foxhack (32100) on 9/16/2006 11:37 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start WildKard wrote--] [Q2 --start Riamus wrote--]Well, shareware is accepted on the site, so scans of that are fine. I'm not sure about the non-game stuff. I think it should all be scanned, but that's just me. [/Q2 --end Riamus wrote--]

It's a compilation disc. Everything he mentioned is in one package. I think he can submit a new game entry for that (see "Gold Games"), but I'm not entirely sure... [/Q --end WildKard wrote--]

Oh, I'm submitting all of this in -one- game entry! I'm just curious if I should add the non-game CDs, that's all. :)

I'm still rather busy trying to scan the front of the box, it's crushed and the game CDs are all laid out in a way that you can see them from the outside... annoying, but I'll get it done, eventually!

Edit: Gah, I hate this... I scanned the front but I had to open the box and hold down one side with my fingers so the box would be scanned properly! And since I scanned it at 600DPI, it took a long time for it to finish...

My left hand is numb.

Игги Друге (46653) on 9/16/2006 11:15 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Riamus wrote--]Well, shareware is accepted on the site, so scans of that are fine. I'm not sure about the non-game stuff. I think it should all be scanned, but that's just me. [/Q --end Riamus wrote--]

No, it is I too.