🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > MobyGames > Searching for recently added games

L. Curtis Boyle (747) on 11/6/2006 9:34 PM · Permalink · Report

I am sure I have done this before... just can't remember how. How do I search for the most recently added games for a particular platform?

Riamus (8480) on 11/6/2006 11:01 PM · Permalink · Report

Look on the left side of the page under New Content. You'd be looking for Game: Additions. Click "platform" to sort it by platform, if that's what you want. Or, I think you can get just one platform if you click the link from a page specific to a platform... gba.mobygames.com, for example. I haven't tried that, so I could be wrong.

Niccolò Mineo (311) on 11/13/2006 11:04 AM · Permalink · Report

Hi, regarding the "Additions" page: how long does it take (averagely speaking) to the staff to add a contributed game? I sent these 3 yesterday: Advan Racing, D&D: Tower Of Doom, D&D: Shadows Over Mystara and also sent a correction to Pro Evolution Soccer 6 saying it has also been released for PC (I'd like to add all of these games to my collection).

Thanks. :)

Terok Nor (42013) on 11/13/2006 11:15 AM · Permalink · Report

For what platform did you submit the D&D games? AFAIK, these were only released in a compilation for the Saturn in Japan, but never on their own for any home system. We list the compilation here. Since they were only released in that compilation, they are not eligible for entries of their own. That is until we start to cover arcade games as well, but there is no time frame for that yet.

Niccolò Mineo (311) on 11/13/2006 11:24 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Terok Nor wrote--]For what platform did you submit the D&D games? AFAIK, these were only released in a compilation for the Saturn in Japan, but never on their own for any home system. We list the compilation here. Since they were only released in that compilation, they are not eligible for entries of their own. That is until we start to cover arcade games as well, but there is no time frame for that yet. [/Q --end Terok Nor wrote--]

I remember (not so clearly) having played them on an PC emulator and that the original games were for the SNES. Am I wrong?

Terok Nor (42013) on 11/13/2006 1:33 PM · Permalink · Report

Tower of Doom and Shadows over Mystara do not exist for the SNES. There are similar games on the SNES, though, like Knights of the Round or King of Dragons, maybe you were thinking of one of these?

Niccolò Mineo (311) on 11/13/2006 2:38 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Terok Nor wrote--]Tower of Doom and Shadows over Mystara do not exist for the SNES. There are similar games on the SNES, though, like Knights of the Round or King of Dragons, maybe you were thinking of one of these? [/Q --end Terok Nor wrote--]

Unfortunately not, it's just my bad memory, remembering they exist for SNES. Thanks for the tips. Can someone tell me when we'll be able to put on the have list those two D&D games (for Arcade platform)?

Thanks

Игги Друге (46653) on 11/13/2006 2:47 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Mad_Griffith wrote--]Can someone tell me when we'll be able to put on the have list those two D&D games (for Arcade platform)?[/Q --end Mad_Griffith wrote--] In the distant future. =)

Niccolò Mineo (311) on 11/13/2006 5:37 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start chirinea AKA Jednorožec wrote--] [Q2 --start Mad_Griffith wrote--]Can someone tell me when we'll be able to put on the have list those two D&D games (for Arcade platform)? [/Q2 --end Mad_Griffith wrote--] In the distant future. =) [/Q --end chirinea AKA Jednorožec wrote--]

Am I too nosey if I ask you why?

Игги Друге (46653) on 11/13/2006 9:47 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Mad_Griffith wrote--] [Q2 --start chirinea AKA Jednorožec wrote--] [Q3 --start Mad_Griffith wrote--]Can someone tell me when we'll be able to put on the have list those two D&D games (for Arcade platform)? [/Q3 --end Mad_Griffith wrote--] In the distant future. =) [/Q2 --end chirinea AKA Jednorožec wrote--] Am I too nosey if I ask you why? [/Q --end Mad_Griffith wrote--] Bureaucracy.

Riamus (8480) on 11/13/2006 10:10 PM · Permalink · Report

Adding new systems takes a lot of research to gather all the necessary information about the systems. Adding something like arcade takes even longer because there were so many different arcade machines that all need to be researched before arcade can be added as a system.

As for your original question... depending on the platform, games can be approved anywhere from a day to a week. In some cases, it's longer if there is something questionable that needs to be looked into more closely. We try to keep the time to a minimum, but queues can get long if many people submit games all at once, or if many approvers are busy with other things (not MG-related) for a few days.

Corrections can take even longer and aren't a priority in most cases. Only admins can approve corrections. Other types of contributions can also take longer depending what they are. New game entries are the priority, followed by cover art and screenshots and credits (not necessarily in that order). So those tend to get done first.

Игги Друге (46653) on 11/14/2006 1:14 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Riamus wrote--]Corrections can take even longer and aren't a priority in most cases.
[/Q --end Riamus wrote--] Which rhymes very badly with a site that prides itself on correctness.

Corn Popper (69027) on 11/14/2006 6:45 AM · Permalink · Report

it's not true that corrections are not a priority... they are.. there are just so many and many of them require more research which takes awhile

Riamus (8480) on 11/14/2006 10:40 PM · Permalink · Report

Ok, sorry for that. With so little feedback on corrections and knowing that some stay in queue for a really long time, I assumed they were not as much of a priority as new games and such. Someday I will learn not to assume. ;)