🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Game gets sluggish in act 2

chirinea (47495) on 6/13/2007 2:00 AM · Permalink · Report

That's odd, my machine is far above the specifications listed here, and yet my game gets nearly unplayable at act 2. I even tried the 800x600 resolution, with no success though. Any of you guys who played it had the same problem? Any possible solutions?

Unicorn Lynx (181775) on 6/13/2007 2:08 AM · Permalink · Report

I have another question: this here is the only game on MobyGames that gets a second frorum entry; is it really that good?

chirinea (47495) on 6/13/2007 2:14 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

One thing I can tell you is that this game is surelly one of (if not the) most beautiful games I've ever seen, Oleg. I don't feel guilty by telling you that I got it after looking the screenshots, and unfortunately, by playing just the first act I can't judge it in a fair way. But I'm giving it all the credit for its atmosphere.

The only big complaint I have about it now is that it runs in windowed mode only, which is kinda odd.

And BTW: The Dig was the first game to get more than one thread, not Vigil. :)

xroox (3895) on 6/13/2007 3:30 AM · Permalink · Report

I know there's an option to run it in full-screen mode. At least, there was in the demo.

I liked the graphics and the general concept but I didn't enjoy what I played of the game.

Sciere (930490) on 7/18/2007 6:24 PM · Permalink · Report

The visual style is fascinating and quite unique, but a lot of patience and trial-and-error is needed, don't play it if you get frustrated easily. You'd enjoy it just walking around without playing =)

chirinea (47495) on 7/18/2007 6:14 PM · Permalink · Report

Fixed. It was the video driver. I always use an old video driver which suits my GF4 Ti 4400 better (for most old games). But with some new ones, I need a more recent driver. I had installed a newer one to play Titan Quest, and today I tried Vigil again. Works like a charm.