James Patterson: Women's Murder Club - Death in Scarlet
Description official descriptions
Women's Murder Club is a hidden object game that borrows some elements from the adventure genre. The game follows a group of forensic investigators trying to uncover the mystery behind a series of murders.
Besides the standard seek-and-find mechanics, where the objective is to find all the objects listed on a notebook placed on the left side of a cluttered screen, the game also has an inventory and several mini-games. Some of the objects collected are stored in the inventory, to be used on specific situations to solve puzzles.
There's a list of objectives right under the list of objects. They are the normal procedures of criminal investigation, like collecting evidence and interrogating suspects, and must be performed to complete each crime investigation. The crime scenes have the body of the victim, and parts of it can be clicked for closer examination.
Most mini-games or puzzles are unique to their locations. There is no time limit or penalty for clicking on wrong objects, and each stage starts with 5 hints.
- Женский клуб по расследованию убийств: Смерть в алом - Russian spelling
Credits (Windows version)
42 People (40 developers, 2 thanks) · View all
|Additional 2D Artists
|Music and sounds
|[ full credits ]
Average score: 75% (based on 11 ratings)
Average score: 3.7 out of 5 (based on 7 ratings with 1 reviews)
1) The detective story is great. Even if it is shown mostly in comics art-style, it gives a very strong smell of female detective investigation.
2) The problems of Western feminists to understand the Oriental (Chinese, this time) women's style of life are shown perfectly.
3) Chinese mafia "Triad" is not seen, but their presence is felt.
4) Very colorful static graphics.
5) Chinese in San Francisco theme is attractive.
6) The basics of the investigator's work are educative for those who is not familiar with it.
1) No voice-overs.
2) Too much hints to solve the find-this-item puzzle, that make this game too easy to walk through.
3) Repetitive questions for find-the-common-word puzzle.
4) Too easy game that may be finished in no more than 2-3 hours without any hint used and all text read.
5) Why the girls did not find the murder's branding tool?
6) No sex scenes to clearly understand the real job of the Lotus club's graduating students and to entertain the male game players.
7) No animations such as lip-synth, come-to-place, between-the-scenes except the comics art-style.
8) Very straight-forward investigation that makes it rather interactive book than a game.
The Bottom Line
The straight-forward female investigation of the mysterious murders of Chinese persons is played rather as interactive book with puzzle elements than as adventure game. But the plot created by Jane Jensen (Gabriel Knight's fame) captures the player since the very beginning until the end. The game is very easy to play and hints make it even more easier to win in 2-3 hours that may classify this game as a mental relaxation for the break at hard work or during the long travel.
Windows · by POMAH (66436) · 2008
Are you familiar with this game? Help document and preserve this entry in video game history! If your contribution is approved, you will earn points and be credited as a contributor.
Contributors to this Entry
Game added by Macs Black.
Game added May 29, 2008. Last modified February 22, 2023.