Backyard Baseball '10
Backyard Baseball '10 is a baseball game that features all 30 Major League Baseball teams as well as 11 "Backyard" teams (6 in the DS version). The player can pick a team, players and one of the 12 different fields to play on. The game combines traditional baseball mechanics such as pitching and batting with the ability to use power-ups.
Some of the power-ups include:
- Screaming Liner - The ball is hit so hard it screams
- Orbiter - The ball cannot be hit any harder; almost a guaranteed home run when hit
- Popcorn Bunt - Confuse the defense by making a bunch of other balls appear on the field
- Slime Ball - The ball is covered in goop and no one can catch it or throw it
- Free Radical - The ball bounces around a few times, making it really hard to catch
- Teleporter - The ball teleports on the field a few times before stopping somewhere on the field
- Static Zing - The ball is electric and will shock the first person to touch it
- Meteor Ball - The ball is thrown so fast that it's hard to see!
On the PlayStation 2, the game uses traditional button-based controls. On the Wii, the player can swing the Wiimote to bat and pitch. On the Nintendo DS, there are two control modes. The player can either use the control pad and the B button or tap/swing the stylus on the touchscreen to pitch/bat.
Credits (Nintendo DS version)
95 People (84 developers, 11 thanks) · View all
|Lead Graphic Artist|
|[ full credits ]|
Average score: 44% (based on 2 ratings)
Average score: 3.7 out of 5 (based on 4 ratings with 0 reviews)
Be the first to review this game!
- MobyGames ID: 52698
Are you familiar with this game? Help document and preserve this entry in video game history!
Contributors to this Entry
Game added by Nury.
Game added September 8th, 2011. Last modified March 9th, 2023.