🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Delta Patrol > Correct release year?

Rwolf (22827) on 10/25/2015 12:46 PM · Permalink · Report

Why has this game a release year of 1986, when all the Amiga screenshots has a copyright year of 1985?

Kabushi (261206) on 10/25/2015 9:01 PM · Permalink · Report

Sometimes the copyright is earlier than the actual date and they should really only be used when no other sources exist.

For this one there are not many sources available but for the Atari version there are a few magazine mentions from 1986 (like here). It's nothing definite but I think it's more accurate than the copyright year. One should also remember that 1985 releases for these computers are very rare as they only had been on the market for a few months.

There are also some hints of a Mac version, but I have not been able to confirm that, so it's possible the 1985 year is for that release.

Rwolf (22827) on 10/26/2015 12:25 AM · Permalink · Report

A number of releases (Ultima II, AMFV, Spellbreaker) described as new in that 1986 magazine have release dates here given the year before. Take AMFV which was an original ST release, according to the reviewer in the magazine, it cannot have been published earlier on any other platform. I suspect these notices were not instantly published, but collected dust for awhile before the magazine came out.

jean luc on 12/11/2015 12:57 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

spam