DescriptionThis menacingly-titled beat 'em up was the first in many martial arts titles from Australia's Melbourne House. Sixteen different moves are on offer, ranging from standard kicks to jumps, somersaults and roundhouse kicks.
The move executed each time is defined based on the character's direction, the joystick/keyboard positioning, and on whether the fire button is depressed, in a system which became standard on single-button control systems.
To win each bout you must score 2 Yin-Yangs - a perfectly executed kick/punch scores a full one, whereas a less forceful contact offers half a point - the best moves also offer more points. In the one-player game, you advance through a Dan by winning two successive bouts, and a single win for the opponent means game over. The champion in a two-player duel is decided by points after 4 rounds.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Way of the Exploding Fist" -- UK (Ricochet release) title
- "The Way of the Exploding Fist" -- UK title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|Commodore User||Commodore 64||Jul, 1985||5 out of 5||100|
|Your Computer||Commodore 64||Aug, 1985||100|
|Your 64||Commodore 64||Aug, 1985||100|
|Zzap!||Commodore 64||Aug, 1985||93 out of 100||93|
|Crash!||ZX Spectrum||Oct, 1985||92 out of 100||92|
|Commodore Force||Commodore 64||Jul, 1993||89 out of 100||89|
|Your Commodore||Commodore 64||Dec, 1990||82 out of 100||82|
|Commodore User||Commodore 16, Plus/4||Feb, 1987||5 out of 10||50|
|Happy Computer||Amstrad CPC||Sep, 1985||Unscored||Unscored|
|Happy Computer||Commodore 64||Sep, 1985||Unscored||Unscored|
There are currently no topics for this game.
SalesAccording to the magazine Retro Gamer (issue #1), the game was Mastertronic's #19 best selling game (182.407 copies).
- ACE (Advanced Computer Entertainment)
- March 1991 (issue #42) - Included in the list Greatest Games of all Time in category Sports Simulations (editorial staff choice)
- Computer Gamer
- February 1986 (issue #17) - Included in the list Spectrum Collection (the best Spectrum ZX games since 1985 by editorial staff choice)
- Happy Computer
- Issue 02/1986 - #3 Best Game in 1985 (Readers' Vote)
Related Web Sites
- Commodore Plus/4 World (for Commodore 16, Plus/4: downloadable releases; artwork; additional material)
- CPC-Power (in French) (for Amstrad CPC: downloadable releases; artwork; additional material http://www.cpc-power.com/)
- Game Base 64 (for C64: Downloadable links, Database, Music, Emulation, Frontends, Reviews and Articles)
- Internet Archive (ZX Spectrum) (for ZX Spectrum: downloadable release; online emulation of game; additional material)
- Lemon 64 (for C64: games, reviews and music)
- The BBC Games Archive (for BBC Micro: downloadable release; additional material)
- Wikipedia (combined platform entry)
- World of Spectrum (for ZX Spectrum: downloadable releases; additional material; remakes links; player reviews; magazine references; magazine adverts)