🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > System Shock 2 > No spawn and no degradation?

Unicorn Lynx (181775) on 3/2/2008 6:33 PM · Permalink · Report

Guys, can anyone tell me how to stop the enemies from respawning and the weapons from degrading? I installed the 2.3 patch, created and edited user.cfg file with the right lines just as they instructed, but female cyborgs keep bothering me even if I just stand still, looking at my 1(terrible) condition shotgun, which just a couple of seconds ago was more than capable of depleting 1/4 of my HP with one shot when it was used by a hybrid...

:()

Slug Camargo (583) on 3/2/2008 9:41 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

That's called cheating!!! =O

Sorry, no idea. I can tell you where to get fan patches to upgrade the models and textures, though...

Unicorn Lynx (181775) on 3/3/2008 8:01 AM · Permalink · Report

I don't think that's cheating; I read the information about that in the readme file of the patch 2.3. Maybe the patch is not officially supported, I dunno.

I know about the model-upgrading patch, but it's okay, I'm cool with the old models.

xroox (3895) on 3/3/2008 6:04 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I don't know what to suggest, Oleg. I've played through the game twice with the v2.03 patch - Both times I simply created the user.cfg file and put the following lines in it:

no_spawn
gun_degrade_rate 0

Btw, even with 'no_spawn' on, creatures do still respawn in certain areas. Just not all the time, everywhere, as it was before.

I highly recommend the 'Rebirth Complemented' and 'SHTUP' mods, btw. The new models are much better and it's great to see crisp, nicely defined textures. But if you're happy with the original stuff, that's okay!

Slug Camargo (583) on 3/5/2008 2:48 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Sam Jeffreys wrote--] Btw, even with 'no_spawn' on, creatures do still respawn in certain areas. Just not all the time, everywhere, as it was before.

I highly recommend the 'Rebirth Complemented' and 'SHTUP' mods, btw. The new models are much better and it's great to see crisp, nicely defined textures. But if you're happy with the original stuff, that's okay! [/Q --end Sam Jeffreys wrote--] Hmmmm... on second thought, no respawns, or at least a few less of them, is not that bad an idea.

As for the upgraded models, that's what I say. Even the wrench looks nice. And the expressions of the dead bodies' faces are pretty awesome.

Also, there are boobs :D

Unicorn Lynx (181775) on 3/5/2008 8:52 AM · Permalink · Report

Also, there are boobs :D

So what! As if that's important! Who do you think I am?! Hmph!

Eh... where can you download that patch again? I really want to see... eh... a new wrench!

xroox (3895) on 3/5/2008 1:15 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Dr. Von Katze wrote--] Also, there are boobs :D [/Q --end Dr. Von Katze wrote--] Boobs? What? If you're referring to the cyborg midwife then you're a sick kitten, sir!

Eh... where can you download that patch again? I really want to see... eh... a new wrench!

Get 'em here.

Slug Camargo (583) on 3/6/2008 12:03 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Sam Jeffreys wrote--] [Q2 --start Dr. Von Katze wrote--] Also, there are boobs :D [/Q2 --end Dr. Von Katze wrote--] Boobs? What? If you're referring to the cyborg midwife then you're a sick kitten, sir! [/Q --end Sam Jeffreys wrote--] You're too picky man. Boobs are boobs, that's what I say.

Also, it's not just the cyborgs, the dead women scattered around the ship also had their shirts ripped open or something and you can check their boobs too. HA! I got you there, who's the sick one now, huh?

Yeah, I guess you're right....

Unicorn Lynx (181775) on 3/8/2008 12:34 PM · Permalink · Report

Also, it's not just the cyborgs, the dead women scattered around the ship also had their shirts ripped open or something and you can check their boobs too. HA! I got you there, who's the sick one now, huh?

You'll be surprised, but some people consider necrophilia as disturbing as wanting to squeeze those hot cyborg boobs.

Lumpi (189) on 3/18/2008 9:46 PM · Permalink · Report

I'm just finishing Bioshock and all the good (terrifying) memories from SS2 came up.

One trick I can recommend to avoid the never-ending hordes of mutants and just get a second to BREATHE is the lift-retreat. The lift is accessible from every deck and it's a perfect panic room, not letting any creatures in. It also is an easy way of transporting and hoarding all kinds of stuff. I had a nice stack of dozens of bakers, un-used implants, weapons and suits, neatly stacked in there. Whenever I felt the need to relax for a moment and play a round on the SS2-ingame-gameboy, I ran to the lift, waited for the doors to close and enjoyed the peace. Using the lift as a storage, it also helps to have all kinds of useful stuff in one place without having to wander back through any dangerous routes.

That way I played through SS2, patch-less.