🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Legacy of Kain: Defiance > A new title?!?!?!?!?!

Donatello (466) on 8/22/2012 8:06 PM · Permalink · Report

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyrqIdS3hrk

Check the end of the interview. The way she refuses to say anything...it has to be a new game in the workings! It just has to! I wouldn't have had any hope for it before but since Square Enix took over, Eidos (now Square Enix Europe/UK) has been pumping life into many IPs (Thief, Deus Ex), so I'm so frickin' hoping for this!

The only caveat here could be the fact that they have to reboot the series since it's been a decade since Defiance, and your average gamer doesn't know jackshit about the story of LoK (which is not really people's fault, after all it hasn't been a big thing since the first Soul Reaver).

Lain Crowley (6629) on 8/22/2012 8:45 PM · Permalink · Report

Thief 4's been in development hell since Thief 3 came out. I'll believe that it exists when I can touch it.

I think a reboot of LoK would be a terrible idea. The best thing to do would be to kick the series forward a few decades and introduce a new protagonist and conflict. Then over the course of the game you learn how the Hyldan conflict was or was not resolved, and how that ties into the current problems.

Slug Camargo (583) on 8/23/2012 2:43 AM · Permalink · Report

A remake of the original Blood Omen that is actually fun to play might be a good one. Or a prequel starring Vorador and Janos during the really, really old times, sharing gameplay Defiance-style, with Janos able to fly and Vorador able to turn into wolf or some such.

At any rate, as much of a fanboi of the series as I am, a LoK game without the voice of the Elder God would feel somewhat empty :(

By the way, the three good ones are now featured in GoG, at a really sweet price tag (6 US bucks a piece), fully Win7 x64-compatible, and 100% DRM-free. Here, here and here. I picked them all recently and have been playing around for nostalgia's sake, and I was surprised to see just how awesomely the original Soul Reaver has aged (gameplay-wise at least).