🕹ī¸ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > God of War: Chains of Olympus > Chances of this being ported?

coenak (3627) on 2/18/2009 7:16 PM · Permalink · Report

What are the chances of this being ported to the PS2? Slim to none? I am hoping they would do something like in Liberty City Stories, but I am afraid it is too late into the next gen consoles.

—- (1623) on 2/18/2009 7:44 PM · Permalink · Report

Slim to none seems about right.

Foxhack (32100) on 2/19/2009 3:02 AM · Permalink · Report

If it can make money? Sure. It'll be ported.

Pseudo_Intellectual (66362) on 2/19/2009 8:48 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

I would expect more titles being published for the PS2 given that it's still among the hottest-selling consoles.

(But I wouldn't be surprised at the parent company discontinuing the old software line so as to only offer the newest and best as its only option, not competing with itself.)

—- (1623) on 2/19/2009 3:19 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Pseudo_Intellectual wrote--] (But I wouldn't be surprised at the parent company discontinuing the old software line so as to only offer the newest and best as its only option, not competing with itself.) [/Q --end Pseudo_Intellectual wrote--]

Yes, that's the point.

Foxhack (32100) on 2/20/2009 4:42 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Pseudo_Intellectual wrote--]I would expect more titles being published for the PS2 given that it's still among the hottest-selling consoles.

(But I wouldn't be surprised at the parent company discontinuing the old software line so as to only offer the newest and best as its only option, not competing with itself.) [/Q --end Pseudo_Intellectual wrote--]Considering the PS2 is the only thing keeping Sony afloat? They won't kill the PS2. Not so soon.

Big John WV (26954) on 2/20/2009 5:10 AM · Permalink · Report

They probably wouldn't port it now since they have so much invested in GoW III. Actually I was surprised they didn't do it before.