Written by  :  Ash_1 (76)
Written on  :  Dec 14, 2004
Platform  :  SEGA Master System

read more reviews by Ash_1

Summary

Excitebike Advanced

The Good

Enduro Racer is great because of the customization options and the unique view of the action. Because of the camera angle, it provides a pseudo-3D look that allows you to dodge objects from both the left and the right. A 2D view would've erased this aspect from the game completely. It's painfully obvious SEGA was trying to compete by adding extra value to similar genres of the time.

The Bad

I felt the game was a tad too short, some more levels would round it out quite nicely.

The Bottom Line

Since most old-school gamers are familiar with Excitebike on the NES, the best way to describe Enduro Racer is Excitebike Advanced. It plays in similar fashion (pull up just before the jump) but improves on the Excitebike gameplay by changing the view to a 3/4 behind the bike angle. You also have the ability to upgrade parts based on the number of points you score. Its really cool when you combine the tires, suspension and engine upgrades because when you hit the ramp you soar like the eagles. This is really fun on the water levels where the terrain is broken up, you can just leap over the whole thing.