DescriptionMaxis takes their Sim-building line vertical with SimTower, an original concept from Japan (where vertical living is much more commonplace than in many parts of the world).
Your goal is to build a skyscraper that is both tall, aethestically pleasing, popular, and, most importantly, economically profitable. To be successful, your building cannot just be levels upon levels of officespace, or just an apartment sky-rise, but a multi-functional haven for humanity featuring everything from penthouses to theatres, restaurants to shopping malls. The centerpiece of your tower design is your elevators and proper managment is the key.
You can watch your Sims enter and leave your grand tower, getting impatient waiting for elevators, or having a hectic work day at the office. You can even train in on one or two, to server as a metering stick for their compatriots, or just to peek into the average workday of the little people living in your building. Or watch the security and resuce crews race as distasters like bomb threats and fires rampage through your well-crafted skyscraper.
- "The Tower" -- Japanese title
- "Sim Tower: Das vertikale Imperium" -- German title
- "ザ・タワー" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
|So simple...yet somehow addicting||Windows 3.x||classicpoki (9)|
|Fun||Windows 3.x||Big C (49)|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Macintosh||Apr, 1995||90|
|Power Unlimited||Windows 3.x||Jul, 1995||8 out of 10||80|
|All Game Guide||Macintosh||1998||80|
|High Score||Macintosh||Mar, 1995||4 out of 5||80|
|PC Games (Germany)||Windows 3.x||Jun, 1995||79 out of 100||79|
|PC Player (Germany)||Windows 3.x||Jun, 1995||76 out of 100||76|
|Génération 4||Windows 3.x||Jul, 1995||74 out of 100||74|
|Entertainment Weekly||Windows 3.x||Jan 13, 1995||B-||67|
|Joystick (French)||Windows 3.x||Jul, 1995||65 out of 100||65|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Windows 3.x||Aug, 1995||62 out of 100||62|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaThe bell sound at the end of a year is the same ring as a bell in the Charlie Chaplin movie City Lights. There it indicates the beginning of a new day.
Related Web Sites
- Mart's SimTower Fan Site (Cheats, Trainers, Saved games and Creations)
- McLure's SimTower Stuff (Building Tips, Tower Images, Tower Downloads, Links)
- Peter's Place: SimTower (Tower building tips)
- Simtower webring list (If you want to see more websites on the matter. Warning: not all are useful!)
- Uval And Harel's Unofficial SimTower Page (Tips & Tricks for SimTower)
- ZealGames: SimTower (Strategy Guide, Cheats, Downloads, Towers)
- ZellGamers SimTower Website (Information on the game, Help Guide, Tower Downloads)
Concept & Game Design: