Not an American user?
Steam Store Description (from Ad Blurbs)
Where the Water Tastes Like Wine is a Narrative-Adventure game about traveling, sharing stories, and surviving manifest destiny. Featuring gorgeous hand-drawn illustrations, Where the Water Tastes Like Wine combines 2D visuals with a 3D overworld US map.
Players wander across a folkloric Depression era United States at their own pace, meeting strangers with their own stories to tell. Through these interactions, players will be able to collect unique stories which can then be re-told to unlock new interactions. In this way the in-game stories themselves act as a currency to progress through the game, and it’s up to the player to pair the right story with the unique needs of each of the characters that you will encounter throughout your travels. Only through these right pairings will characters reveal their true selves, and bestow you with the most powerful stories, the true ones which reveal something about their own lives. In Where The Water Tastes Like Wine, stories organically take on a life of their own as they grow larger and transform as they're told- and re-told.
- A large number of folk tales and personal stories to discover, told by characters from all over America
- Beautiful combination of 3D overworld and hand drawn 2D illustrations
- Original stories written by a wide selection of accomplished authors
- Fully voiced characters from all walks of life brought to life by world-renowned voice acting talent, including Sting, Dave Fennoy (The Walking Dead: A Telltale Game Series), Cissy Jones (Firewatch), Kimberly Brooks (Mass Effect), Sarah Elmaleh (Gone Home), Melissa Hutchison (The Walking Dead: A Telltale Game Series), Elizabeth Maxwell (The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild), and many more.
- A hauntingly beautiful original soundtrack arranged by celebrated composer Ryan Ike and featuring performances from a collection of gifted musicians.
- An emerging fantastical, psychedelic and surreal overarching atmosphere.
There are no user screenshots for this game
- "彼处水如酒" -- Simplified Chinese spelling
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
|Garage Band Gamers||Windows||Feb 28, 2018||10 out of 10||100|
|4Players.de||Windows||Mar 29, 2018||85 out of 100||85|
|4Players.de||Nintendo Switch||Dec 30, 2019||80 out of 100||80|
|GameStar (Germany)||Windows||Mar 08, 2018||78 out of 100||78|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Linux||Mar 05, 2018||15 out of 20||75|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Macintosh||Mar 05, 2018||15 out of 20||75|
|Video Chums||Xbox One||Dec 09, 2019||5.5 out of 10||55|
|Nintendo Life||Nintendo Switch||Nov 29, 2019||40|
|Way Too Many Games||Nintendo Switch||Nov 29, 2019||3.5 out of 10||35|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Xbox One||Jan 31, 2020||Unscored||Unscored|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Where the Water Tastes Like Wine (official website)
Windows Credits (55 people)
Gita Jackson, Cara Ellison, Jordan Minor, Mari Landgrebe, Claris Cyarron (and Silverstring Media), Leigh Alexander, Sydney Meeker, Anne Toole, Stuart Arias, Jolie Menzel, Austin Walker, Demian DinéYazhi’, Emily Short, Matthew S. Burns, Laura Michet, Duncan Fyfe, Nika Harper