DescriptionEvery day the same dream is a grim game about the tedious life of an office worker. Every day he gets up, hits the alarm, puts on his suit, says hello to his wife and goes off to work, entering the traffic congestion that leads him to a building where all workers look the same, pushing their mouse and keyboard in a hypnotizing rhythm.
It is up to the player to bring distractions to his life, breaking the routine slightly to introduce some worthwhile moments. To achieve this multiple working days need to be played and through a small hint progress can be measured. The man is controlled through the keyboard keys with an additional key to interact with the environment. When all instances have been found after multiple playthroughs, a final day starts. When the requirements are not met, his life keeps cycling until the player discovers a new approach.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Every day the same dream: you are late for work" -- Tag-lined title
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
|Hrej!||Mar 07, 2009||9 out of 10||90|
|Plné Hry||Jul 23, 2010||90 out of 100||90|
There are currently no topics for this game.
MovieThe game was adapted into a short (8 minute) film which can be watched on YouTube.
PhilosophyThe author tweets, comparing his game to another, philosophically:
That One Chance game is what happens to Every day the same dream when you replace the Autonomist refusal of labor with Protestant work ethic
- 2009 - "Chin-Strokey" Award for Most Puzzling or Introspective Game (Editor's Choice)
- 2009 - "Chin-Strokey" Award for Most Puzzling or Introspective Game (Reader's Choice)
Related Web Sites
- Every day the same dream (project page on the developer's website)
- YouTube: Every day the same dream (a movie based on the game, hosted on YouTube )