Game Groups > Streets of Rage / Bare Knuckle series
A SEGA franchise of three side-scrolling brawlers released for the Game Gear, Master System and Genesis. All three titles were re-released for Nintendo's virtual console and fans also created an unofficial Windows remake of the series, Streets of Rage Remake (2006).
- Blaze Fielding looks remarkably similar to the main character in the 1985 Sega arcade game Flashgal, and a lot from that game made its way into the Streets of Rage series. Just from the screenshots at KLOV, there is a level in front of a building similar to the White House, a level with motorcycles (both from Streets of Rage 3), although the motorcycle level was cut from retail units and only exists in prototype carts) and a Rocket-pack enemy (Streets of Rage 2).
Trivia contributed by Luis Silva
- Forgotten Franchises: Streets of Rage - A feature article on the fansite Sega-16 which discusses three attempts, spanning multiple consoles and mediums, which were made to continue the series and how each of them failed (Sept. 11th, 2004).
- Streets of Rage Online - A fansite with information about the Streets of Rage series
- Wikipedia: Streets of Rage series
- Clonk series
- Games involved in legal disputes
- Games referenced in movies
- Genre: Open world / Free-roaming / Sandbox action and driving
- Genre: Open world driving
- Hokuto no Ken / Fist of the North Star licensees
- Protagonist: Female (option)
- Protagonist: Native American
- SEGA Vintage Collection series
- Tex Murphy series