|Contribution Rating:||17621 (ranked 74th; 844 in last year)|
|Member Since||Mar 19, 2005|
|# Messages Posted:||109|
|About myself:||My earliest memories of computer games were things like the Pong home system my married brother had and handheld games like Merlin. Once arcade machines began to proliferate with Space Invaders and Asteroids I became an arcade junkie.|
I've never owned a game console (possibly due to my penny-pinching parents) and up until the SNES, arcade graphics were always better so I'd hop on the subway to go downtown to an area where all the huge arcades were and pump many a quarter into those machines. When I finally got a PC for schoolwork and education when I was in College, naturally I acquired some games for the 5 1/4" boot drive. Finally when I was out on my own in the world near the turn of the century, I bought an internet-capable PC and became hooked on Unreal Tournament and 3D adventures. Also, through abandonware sites I came to love older games and became obsessive on the history of games. Platformers and games with cute or eye-candy graphics are also a weakness of mine.
I'm also passionate in life (hehe) and on movies as an artform.
All Time Favorite
- Unreal Tournament -- My intro to FPS games, great graphics, fun gameplay.
- Half-Life -- Great scary atmosphere and in-game cutscenes were revolutionary.
- King's Quest -- Interactive, funny, colorful world and satisfying puzzles.
- Tetris -- When you dream of falling pieces, you know it's addictive.
- Bust-A-Move -- Another fun just-one-more-game time-killer.
- Plants vs. Zombies -- Great click-fest + different modes + lovable characters + need to beat high score = classic game.
- Bejeweled 3 -- Addictive casual game and even has satisfying explosions.
- IBM PC / Compatible -- Intel i5-2500k @3.3Ghz, 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Ram, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX, Windows 10
- IBM PC / Compatible -- Pentium III 450Mhz, 32MB Diamond Viper V770D, 640MB SDram, WinXP
- IBM PC / Compatible -- XT Compatible DOS 640Kb, 5 1/4" Floppy boot drive