Developer BIOAJ Redmer is a gaming industry veteran who now serves on the boards of various international technology companies involved in social networking and gaming. He has extensive experience in international game development and publishing. He is currently working closely with major companies in China, Japan, Korea, India, Singapore and the US and plays an instrumental role in bringing and developing products in and out of China for several major publishers.
Prior to focusing on international business activities, AJ served three years as CEO of WeMade Entertainment during which period they served a customer base in excess of 200 million register users. Key products included Legend of MIR and the Digimon series of online games.
Prior to AJ’s tenure at WeMade Entertainment, he spent seven years at Microsoft from the beginning of 2000 through the end of 2006. He spent his last two years at Microsoft as General Manager of Microsoft Game Studios Asia based in Tokyo, Japan. AJ oversaw development and publishing of Microsoft-branded entertainment products for Xbox, Xbox 360 and Windows platforms in Japan, China, Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Singapore (Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Ninety Nine Nights). During this time AJ also opened the Microsoft Technology Center in Chengdu, China in collaboration with the Central Government. Before that, he served as General Manager overseeing four US-based Studios: Ensemble Studios (Age of Empires, Age of Mythology, Halo Wars), Simulations (Flight Simulator, Train Simulator), FASA Studio (MechAssault, Crimson Skies, Shadowrun), Digital Anvil (Brute Force, FreeLancer) along with MGS Japan (Blinx, Phantom Dust). AJ was also one of the three founding members of the Xbox360 team that developed all aspects of the Xbox360 plan prior to its launch. AJ originally joined Microsoft as the Creative Director for the original Xbox about two years prior to its launch. Shortly after joining the company, AJ took over the responsibility of heading up the Racing Studio during the creation of Project Gotham Racing, RalliSport Challenge, Midtown Madness 3 and Forza Motorsport.
Prior to joining Microsoft, AJ was a Director at Nintendo Software Technology (Ridge Racer 64, Pokémon Puzzle League, Bionic Commando, Crystalis). Formerly he co-founded Maxis Software (SkyChase, Sim City), was Director of Development at Lucasfilm Games (Loom, Monkey Island, Indiana Jones series, Star Wars series, Their Finest Hour) and Executive Director, R&D at Spectrum Holobyte (Falcon 3.0, Tertis, Star Trek: The Next Generation series).
AJ also served as Executive Vice President of Content and Engineering at WildTangent, Inc. during the development of Sea Life Safari and Polar Pool.
Edit Bio | View History
Also Known As
- Akila J. Redmer
- A. J. Redmer
There are no related websites on file for this developer. If you know of any related websites for the person, please consider contributing them.Add Website
- Lost Odyssey (2007), Microsoft Game Studios
- Blue Dragon (2006), Microsoft Game Studios
- Fuzion Frenzy 2 (2006), Microsoft Game Studios
- Age of Empires III (2005), Microsoft Game Studios
- Blinx 2: Masters of Time & Space (2004), Microsoft Game Studios
- Phantom Dust (2004), Microsoft Game Studios
- RalliSport Challenge 2 (2004), Microsoft Game Studios
- Magatama (2003), Microsoft Game Studios
- Midtown Madness 3 (2003), Microsoft Game Studios
- Blinx the Time Sweeper (2002), Microsoft Game Studios
- Quantum Redshift (2002), Microsoft Game Studios
- RalliSport Challenge (2002), Microsoft Game Studios
- Bionic Commando: Elite Forces (2000), Nintendo of America Inc.
- Crystalis (2000), Nintendo of America Inc.
- Pokémon Puzzle League (2000), Nintendo Co., Ltd.
- Ridge Racer 64 (2000), Nintendo of America Inc.
- SimCity Classic (1994), Maxis Software Inc.
- National Lampoon's Chess Maniac 5 Billion and 1 (1993), Spectrum Holobyte, Inc.
- Defenders of Dynatron City (1992), JVC Musical Industries, Inc.
- Falcon 3.0: Operation: Fighting Tiger (1992), Spectrum Holobyte, Inc.
- Star Control II (1992), Accolade, Inc.
- Wordtris (1992), Spectrum Holobyte, Inc.
- Star Wars (1991), JVC Musical Industries, Inc.
- Loom (1990), Lucasfilm Games LLC
- Night Shift (1990), Lucasfilm Games LLC
- Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe (1990), Lucasfilm Games LLC
- SimCity Graphics Set 1: Ancient Cities (1990), Maxis Software Inc.
- SkyChase (1990), Brøderbund Software, Inc.
- Star Control (1990), Accolade, Inc.
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: The Action Game (1989), U.S. Gold Ltd.
- Pipe Dream (1989), Empire Software
- SimCity (1989), Brøderbund Software, Inc.
- Their Finest Hour: The Battle of Britain (1989), LucasArts
- Maniac Mansion (1988), Lucasfilm Games LLC
- Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders (1988), Lucasfilm Games LLC