DescriptionRoger was about to do something bad. Unfortunately, he can't remember what it was because he has been transformed into a cockroach. In this Kafkaesque graphic adventure game, Roger (you) must scurry through the walls of a run down San Francisco bar trying to restore his memory and his human form while avoiding spiders, a roach eating cat, and other creatures that live in the bar.
- "坏蟑螂" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Bad Mojo: Путь таракана" -- Russian spelling
- "Bad Mojo: The Roach Game" -- Tag-lined title
Part of the Following Groups
- Animals: Insects
- Bad Mojo games
- Gameplay feature: Multiple endings
- Visual technique / style: Live-action cutscenes
|The search is more important than the find. (or something like that...;)||Windows||Zovni (9328)|
|Be yourself - be a cockroach||Windows||Isdaron (680)|
|Tap-Repeatedly/Four Fat Chicks||Macintosh||Dec, 2003||100|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Macintosh||Mar 07, 2014||18 out of 20||90|
|GameSpot||Windows||May 01, 1996||9 out of 10||90|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Windows 3.x||Mar 07, 2014||18 out of 20||90|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Windows||Mar 07, 2014||18 out of 20||90|
|Adventure Advocate||Windows 3.x||Sep 27, 2008||80|
|High Score||Windows||Jul, 1996||4 out of 5||80|
|Just Adventure||Windows 3.x||2003||B||75|
|GamersHell.com||Windows||Oct 24, 2000||7.2 out of 10||72|
|Mac Game Gate||Macintosh||1996||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
EndingsThe three possible endings can be found as .mov files on the CD-ROM.
- At the bottom of the newspaper page placed above the urinal, there is an ad for Iron Helix, which was developed by the same team.
- The cat's name, Franz, is an obvious homage to Franz Kafka. Protagonist Roger Samms's name is very similar to Gregor (spelled backwards = rogerG) Samsa, Kafka's main character from The Metamorphosis.
- The cut out eyes on the wall of Roger's research room include those of celebrities, such as Michelle Pfeiffer and David Duchovny.
- Computer Gaming World
- November 1996 (15th anniversary issue) – #7 Top Sleeper Of All Time
- PC Player (Germany)
- Issue 01/1997 - Most Innovative Player Character in 1996
Related Web Sites
- Another Bad Mojo Walkthrough (on Computer Show)
- Bad Mojo - FAQs & Guides (on GameFaqs.com)
- Bad Mojo Hints (Robert Norton's Hints for Bad Mojo will help you solve the game with nudges toward the final solutions.)
- Bad Mojo Setup for Windows XP (Yes, Bad Mojo can be played in Windows XP with a little tweaking.)
- Randy Sluganski's "Crawlthrough" (Randy's Walkthrough contains everything you'll need to finish the game.)
- Wikipedia (article about Bad Mojo in the open encyclopedia)
- Zarf's Review (A review of the Macintosh version of Bad Mojo by Andrew Plotkin, with additional information about convincing the title to run under newer version of Mac OS X (December, 2004).)