DescriptionThe late martial arts hero features in this platform game, with the aim of reaching a wizard in an underground lair, defeat of whom can offer him untold wealth.
In each area you must collect the many strategically-placed lanterns before exiting through the newly-revealed passageway. Some rooms also have escalator-type sections to run along, and the standard (although slightly illogical in this context) ladders.
On the way, you'll fight two enemies - a ninja and a green sumo warrior named Yamo. You can defeat them by punching, kicking, dropping on their heads or luring them into hazardous terrain, or even by making them accidentally hit each other. Even after they are killed, however, they keep coming back for more after a few seconds. Since they can move pretty intelligently (they even climb ladders), you should watch out for them.
There are lots of hazards to avoid by either walking round or jumping - walls of electrical charge and exploding bushes for example.
Part of the Following Groups
|A Martial Arts Multi-screen Platformer.||Atari 8-bit||gametrader (229)|
|A challenge for platform die-hards.||PC Booter||Trixter (8790)|
|One of the great platformers of the era||Commodore 64||James Hofmann (13)|
|Pretty fun kung-fu action game||Commodore 64||OlSkool_Gamer (99)|
|Zzap!||Commodore 64||Aug, 1988||92 out of 100||92|
|Crash!||ZX Spectrum||May, 1985||91 out of 100||91|
|Commodore Computing International||Commodore 64||Oct, 1988||8 out of 10||80|
|Commodore User||Commodore 64||Jun, 1988||8 out of 10||80|
|Commodore User||Commodore 64||Jan, 1985||80|
|Sinclair User||ZX Spectrum||May, 1985||80|
|Home Computing Weekly||Commodore 64||Jan 15, 1985||80|
|Your Commodore||Commodore 64||Dec, 1990||75 out of 100||75|
|Your 64||Commodore 64||Mar, 1985||60|
|Your Spectrum||ZX Spectrum||May, 1985||7.5 out of 15||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- Commodore Format
- January 1991 (Issue 4) - Listed in the 'A to Z of Classic Games' article (Great)
- Retro Gamer
- issue 37 – #18 in the "Top 25 Platformers of All Time" poll
- May 1985 (Issue 1) - #15 'It's the Zzap! 64 Top 64!'
Related Web Sites
- Atarimania, an Atari database (for Atari world: dowloadable releases; artwork; additional material)
- CPC-Power, an Amstrad CPC game database (in French) (for Amstrad CPC: dowloadable releases; artwork; additional material)
- Game Map (Direct access and downloadable archive)
- Lemon, a C64 game database (for C64: games, reviews and music)
- Mark Rosten's Bruce Lee Remake (written in Blitz Basic for Windows.)
- The End Zone (Dedicated to end of game sequences with the objective of providing the most definitive and complete 'end of game' information ever assembled for the games featured. Includes video streaming of Bruce Lee from start to finish.)
- Wikipedia (free Encyclopedia entry)
- World of Spectrum (for ZX Spectrum: downloadable releases; additional material; remakes links; player reviews; magazine references; magazine adverts)