DescriptionYet another Real Time Strategy game... Yet another WWII game... but unlike most WWII games, this one takes place on the *Eastern* Front! It is 1941, and Germany is launching Operation Barbarossa: the invasion of Russia. Finally, a game that captures the magnitude of this epic, 4-year-long battle that ultimately sealed the end of the 3rd Reich!
As with the previous CC games, this one is incredibly researched. The sounds of the dozens of different weapons, the hundreds of unit types, the terrain... it is just amazing how much work went into drawing the sprites and the maps. Units can panic, be pinned, suppressed, surrender, regroup... you name it. There are flame tanks, snipers, bunkers, city fighting, winter/summer battles, different weather conditions, mine fields... pretty much anything that might normally happen on a battlefield can happen in this game. And the best parts: it covers the entire Eastern Front battle from 41-45, and it has good multiplayer support.
I mean... if you play the Germans, your guys speak German, and if you play the Russians, they speak Russian. You just don't get more realistic than that. :)
- "戰鬥神將3：俄羅斯前線" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "Close Combat III: Le Front Russe" -- French title
Part of the Following Groups
|Cyrillic: The Russian Font||Ashley Pomeroy (233)|
|Worst of the series||Maury Markowitz (231)||unrated|
|WWII gamer: you want realism and a new setting? Look here.||Raphael (1160)|
|IGN||Jan 18, 1999||9 out of 10||90|
|Svenska PC Gamer||Feb, 1999||88 out of 100||88|
|PC Gamer Brasil||Mar, 1999||88 out of 100||88|
|Gaming Entertainment Monthly||May 10, 1999||86 out of 100||86|
|Adrenaline Vault, The (AVault)||Apr 05, 1999||80|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Feb 27, 1999||80 out of 100||80|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||May, 1999||70|
|Power Play||Mar, 1999||70 out of 100||70|
|PC Player (Germany)||Mar, 1999||60 out of 100||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Close Combat III: The Russian Front (official website)
- Close Combat Commonwealth Special Operations Clan (Contains tons of files for CC3 and 2! New Maps, modifications, utilities, and more.)
- Designer diaries on Gamespot (by Keith Zabalaoui)
- RealRed (Link to the RealRed modification, which adds new vehicles and units and rebalances the game to more historical accuracy. )