A new chapter in the C&C universe set somewhere 20 years ahead from the real world, which pit 3 sides for global domination. Players will be able to select from 3 sides which are US forces, Chinese forces and the GLA(Global Liberation Army).
Generals features real world weapons and inspired weapons, new control schemes, state of the art game engine called Sage, and all the normal multiplayer features found in the C&C universe.
Generals marks the first in the series too not include FMV like the previous batch and also the first non-Westwood game. Technically it's developed by EA Pacific of the Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge team.
- "終極動員令：將軍" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "Command & Conquer: Generäle" -- German re-release title
- "C&C: Generals" -- Informal name
Part of the Following Groups
The Press Says
||Apr 26, 2004
||98 out of 100
||Mar 06, 2003
||9.2 out of 10
|Game Informer Magazine
||9.25 out of 10
||Feb 17, 2003
||91 out of 100
||Feb 14, 2003
||90 out of 100
||Sep 26, 2003
||88 out of 100
||Jun 19, 2006
||16 out of 20
||4 out of 5
||Feb 14, 2003
||Feb 24, 2003
There are currently no topics for this game.
Command & Conquer: Generals
was first temporarily (February 28, 2003) and later definitely (March 06, 2003) put on the German index. This means that it is forbidden to sell the game to minors or to advertise it in any form. The BPjM, Germany's banning office, said that C&C: Generals
is too close to real-world events (i.e. the threat of an Iraq war) and to cynical - for example sending out suicide attackers, carpet bombing and raiding UN convoys.
Later it has been re-released in a heavily censored version:
- Many units and places were renamed. For example, the USA faction was called WA (Western Alliance) and China was AP (Asian Pact). Terrorists were renamed to Activists.
- All civilians were removed, and all soldiers were replaced by cyborgs, like in previous German C&C releases. Therefore some quotes of the GLA Worker like "I'm hungry" or "My hammer is too heavy" were removed completely.
- Suicide bombers were replaced by telecommunication units.
In one of the single player missions, which are begin played in the area of kazachstan, there is a dutch traffic sign! The sign is a real dutch sign with 'Breda' and 'Geertruidenberg' on it, 2 dutch cities.
Additional information contributed by
- GameStar (Germany)
- February 13, 2004 - "Best PC Strategy Game in 2003" (Readers' Vote)