DescriptionZork II: The Wizard of Frobozz is a text adventure, a sequel to the classic first Zork. Once again, the game is set in the Great Underground Empire, but this time the main goal is to face off against the titular Wizard.
Like its predecessor, Zork II plays like any other text adventure: there are no graphics - only text - and the player types commands such as "lift cage" or "examine robot".
- "Zork II: Le Magicien de Frobozz" -- Canadian French title
- "Zork 2" -- Informal title
Part of the Following Group
|A sequel that actually lives up to the paradigm established by the original.||Mirrorshades2k (273)|
|The largest, toughest, and most buoyant game of the trilogy||Colin Rowsell (45)||unrated|
The Press Says
|Adventure Classic Gaming||May 25, 1998||100|
|SPAG||Dec 13, 1997||6.4 out of 10||64|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaAs was its predecessor, this game was skewered the following year (1989) by a satirical follow-up game by Bill Larkins entitled Pork 2: The Gizzard of Showbiz.
Related Web Sites
- Infocom homepage (At this site you can find information on ALL of Infocom's interactive games, Infocom related articles, sample transcripts, InvisiClue hints, walkthroughs, maps and information on buying Infocom games today.)
- The Commodore Zone: Zork II (introduction, images, related links and comments area.)
- The Infocom Gallery (High-quality scans of the grey box package and manual of Zork II.)
- Zork II on iFiction (Play Zork II through your web browser!)