DescriptionDungeon Keeper 2
is a genre-defying blend of real-time strategy, god sim, first-person action and fantasy role-playing. DK2 turns the traditional tables by placing you in the role of sinister archfiend and master of the cavernous Underworld. Build a dungeon to your own design, lay traps and doors to protect yourself, recruit an army of foul creatures and lure the heroic adventurers to their doom in your quest to reach the surface world of humankind.
- "地城守護者2" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "DK2" -- Common abbreviation
Part of the Following Groups
Aug 20, 2010
Dungeon Keeper 3 trailer
A game trailer for Dungeon Keeper 3
is available for viewing from the Main Menu-->Extras page. Thus far (2010), an official Dungeon Keeper 3
has yet to be released.
- Dungeon Keeper 2 can keep tabs on the system time. Play too late into the night, and the advisor will tell you (out of the blue and with no warning): "Your nocturnal presence has prompted the following secret hint: GO TO BED!"
- If the player doesn't do anything for a while, the game will say: "The very rock yawns in expectation of your next, fascinating move."
- If a dungeon attracts almost exclusively Dark Mistresses, the advisor will say: "You have an excess of Mistresses... There's a word for Keepers like you..."
In the German version the blood around corpses was removed and the torture animations were changed so that the torturing itself can't be seen.
Unlike Dungeon Keeper
, the Horned Demon in this game, Horny, cannot be summoned in every level where the player has the right ingredients. In Dungeon Keeper 2
, Horny is a unique character who must be specially summoned, and cannot appear more than once at a time.
Whenever the player selects a spell, an eerie voice says the spell's name in Latin. The Latin name for the Create Gold spell read by the advisor is Expressus Americanus. This is an obvious joke referring to the American Express credit cards.
Bullfrog have since released multiple patches that enhances the game, including Elite Creatures, a new creature type Maiden, and many more multiplayer maps. Check the Patch History for more detail.
Build a casino and set the bar at "generous". When one of the monsters wins the jackpot, the advisor loudly announces: "Jackpot winner!" and Disco Inferno
begins playing throughout the dungeon. In addition, all monsters inside the casino will begin disco-dancing, each with their own style and moves. This little moment of evil frivolity lasts a couple of minutes.
Information also contributed by
Bhatara Dewa Indra I,
Jason Musgrave and
- Computer Gaming World
- March 2000 (Issue #188) – Best Voice Acting of the Year (for The Keeper)
Related Web Sites
(2665) added Dungeon Keeper 2
(Windows) on Dec 05, 1999