DescriptionChaos Strikes Back
was a semi-sequel to seminal RPG Dungeon Master
, but a true sequel came several years later. The game fuses real-time battles with puzzle solving and travelling, although the game now auto-maps. Rain and magic usage effects are incorporated into the engine. The first part of the game is spent above ground, visiting villages with shops and temples, and trawling through forests.
- "Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep" -- Amiga/DOS/Mac title
- "Dungeon Master II: Die Legende von Skullkeep" -- German manual title
- "DM2" -- Common abbreviation
Part of the Following Groups
Even though developed by an American company, Dungeon Master II was first released in Japan, on the PC-9801 system, in 1993. Other Japanese systems it was released for include the PC-9821, the FM Towns and the Sega CD. The first English-language release was for the Sega CD in 1994. After many delays, versions for Western computers (PC, Amiga and Mac) followed in 1995.
Information also contributed by
- Amiga Joker
- Issue 02/1996 – Best RPG in 1995 (Readers' Vote)
- PC Player (Germany)
- Issue 01/1996 - Best RPG in 1995
- Power Play
- Issue 01/1990 - Biggest Hope for 1990
Related Web Sites