Not an American user?
DescriptionToday a marriage is to be celebrated: the Griffin Empire celebrates Emperor Nicolai and the tomboy-like Isabel who are soon to be united. But... something goes wrong and Demons emerge from the darkness, interrupting this joyous celebration! So, now Nicolai has to lead his army to war; while Isabel is carried away and treated like a poor defenseless girl.
She cannot sit still for long, so she breaks free from her escorts at the first opportunity and tries to seek some help for her Nicolai. While her escort, Godric, leaves to seek the powerful mages of the Shining Cities; Beatrice tries to contact the Elven armies of Irollan. Will she succeed in bringing help to her soon to be husband, Nicolai? Will Godric convince the mages to help the Griffin Empire?
This is the first Heroes of Might & Magic to feature 3D graphics and Multiplayer options. The turn-based system for tactical battles has been entirely re-written to be more scalable. It also features an entirely new plot, along with new spells, new units and new creatures skills.
- "魔法门之英雄无敌5" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "魔法門英雄無敵五" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "HoMM5" -- Common abbreviation
Part of the Following Groups
- Heroes of Might and Magic series
- Might and Magic universe
- Portability Engine: Cider
- Scripting language: Lua
- Technology: amBX
|Fantasy TBS has never been so addictive.||Windows||Alex M. (990)|
|A good continuation of a great franchise||Windows||Frecklefoot (191)|
The Press Says
|Game industry News (GiN)||Windows||Aug 16, 2006||90|
|GBase - The Gamer's Base||Windows||May 18, 2006||9 out of 10||90|
|Game Chronicles||Windows||Jul 04, 2006||9 out of 10||90|
|Gamesmania||Windows||May 16, 2006||90 out of 100||90|
|PC Gameplay (Benelux)||Windows||Jun, 2006||88 out of 100||88|
|Games4Mac||Macintosh||2007||86 out of 100||86|
|4Players.de||Windows||May 19, 2006||86 out of 100||86|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Windows||May 30, 2006||8 out of 10||80|
|IGN||Windows||May 26, 2006||7.8 out of 10||78|
|Game Revolution||Windows||Jun 12, 2006||B-||67|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaPrior to the release, scheduled for 3rd April 2006, there was an open beta. The overall quality was perceived poor, and major fan sites decided to launch the "Save Heroes" movement at saveheroes.org (now also wesavedheroes.org) to persuade Ubisoft with a petition to push back the release to fix all the major bugs first.
A news entry by GameSpot, however, revealed that the game had already been delayed before the beta test even started. This is what the movement wanted, but as it had happened silently, they signed a "News Suppression Pact" to not post about the game anymore until Ubisoft would publicly announce the delay.
The postponement was eventually announced, but afterwards it was suggested, yet unproven, that the delay and the Save Heroes movement was an orchestrated Ubisoft PR tactic to draw attention to the game.
Related Web Sites
- Age of Heroes -- A very informative fansite covering all HoMM games
- A New World, New Heroes, New Challenges -- An Apple Games article about the Mac version of Heroes of Might and Magic V, with commentary being provided by Producer Fabrice Cambounet (March, 2007).
- Freeverse: HoMM5 -- The Macintosh publisher's product page for Heroes of Might and Magic V, which offers additional details, updates, and ordering information.
- Heroes of Might and Magic V -- Official game site
- Heroes of Might & Magic V -- Spanish fansite for the game
- Save Heroes of Might and Magic V -- A website set up by fans to press Ubisoft to delay Heroes of Might and Magic V, to fix all the bugs prior to the release.
- The Heroes of Might and Magic V article in Wikipedia -- A very extensive and interesting Wikipedia article. A very good overview and some in-deph information.
- Torre de Marfil -- Spanish fansite of the saga
Third party Manager:
Design & AI consultant:
INFINITE INTERACTIVE, Steve FawknerGameplay consultant:
FRESH 3D, Franck Sauer
ILYAD GAMES, Thierry Abgrall