DescriptionKirby Super Star is a platformer in the Kirby series, distinguished by having an unusually versatile character, who can fly and gain the abilities of his foes.
The game is actually a set of seven main games: Spring Breeze, Dynablade, Gourmet Race, The Great Cave Offensive are unlocked at first, and later Metaknight's Revenge, Milky Way Wishes and The Arena become available, as well as a couple of minor minigames.
These are all typical Kirby platformers, each one with its own set of levels and different gameplay. In most of them Kirby can consume monsters and learn their special abilities, but in Milky Way Wishes abilities are instead collected in a manner similar to Metroid games. Offensive Cave features levels with various obstacles, hidden treasures and some elementary lever-pulling kind of puzzle solving. Metaknight's Revenge is the only game on the cartridge with a (fairly strict) timer. The Arena is a "boss rush" mode, asking players to defeat every boss in the game with limited health refills and on one life.
The game also has a two-player cooperative play option, which has given it a reputation of a party game.
- "星のカービィ スーパーデラックス" -- Japanese spelling
- "Kirby's Fun Pak" -- European PAL Release Title
- "Hoshi no Kirby Super Deluxe" -- Japanese Title
Part of the Following Group
|Kirby's Best Game...It can't be beat by other Kirby games||SNES||Josh Private (Last name, it's not private) (3)|
|Kirby at best||SNES||Dason Rise (20)|
The Press Says
|The DOS Spirit||SNES||Dec 09, 2012||6 out of 6||100|
|Just Games Retro||SNES||Aug 05, 2013||100|
|Total! (Germany)||SNES||Feb, 1997||1.25 out of 6||95|
|HonestGamers||SNES||Jan 11, 2006||9 out of 10||90|
|Nintendo Life||Wii||May 20, 2010||90|
|Jeuxvideo.com||SNES||Dec 22, 2011||17 out of 20||85|
|Nintendo Land||SNES||2003||82 out of 100||82|
|The Video Game Critic||SNES||Jan 10, 2000||B-||67|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- Two of the game's bosses (Lololo and Lalala) are references to one of HAL Laboratories' earlier game series, Adventures of Lolo.
- The "Computer Virus" boss is a reference to the similar look and style of many console role-playing games. As you battle him, various status messages will appear in the text window on the screen.
- The ending of the game Revenge of Metaknight is very similar and possibly modeled after the original Lupin the Third episode ending animation.
Related Web Sites
- Kirby's Rainbow Resort (Fantastic megasite with everything you ever wanted to know about Kirby.)