DescriptionChristopher Blair, "Heart of the Tiger" had retired to a farming planet after the war, content with retirement, so he says... In the depths of space, a new menace has surfaced. Some unknown attackers are killing civilian ships. The tension between the Confederation and the Border Worlds is at an all time high, as both sides accuse the other of staging the attacks. Admiral Tolwyn has recalled Blair back to service, where he will make the most difficult choice of all... And contemplate action he had never dared before, in the name of justice...
Wing Commander IV: The Price of Freedom is a mix of interactive movie and space sim. The game has a dynamic mission tree, which means the player's behaviour will determine the next mission. The videos feature real actors, like Mark Hamill, Tom Wilson, John Rhys-Davies and Malcolm McDowell. Before the start of each mission, the space craft can be equipped with different weapons. Sometimes the mission objectives change during flight, and the player has to make decisions what he wants to do next, e.g. help out his friend or destroy an enemy fighter.
There are no Macintosh screenshots for this game.
There are 37 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "银河飞将4：自由的代价" -- Chinese spelling (Simplified)
- "Wing Commander IV: מחיר החופש" -- Hebrew spelling
- "Wing Commander IV: O Preço da Liberdade" -- Brazilian title
- "Wing Commander IV: Mekhir ha-Khofesh" -- Hebrew title
Part of the Following Groups
- Games made into books
- Genre: Simulation - Space combat
- Graphics Engine: RealSpace
- Visual technique / style: Live-action cutscenes
- Wing Commander series
- Wing Commander universe
There are no reviews for the Macintosh release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|Mac Gamer||1996||95 out of 100||95|
|Macworld||Oct, 1996||7.1 out of 10||71|
|High Score||Aug, 1996||3 out of 5||60|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|How do I run this game in WinME??||7||Darkon
Jan 22, 2008
TriviaNow well-known actor Casper Van Dien ("Sleepy Hollow", "Starship Troopers") got his first non-TV role in a bit part for this game. Officially dubbed "Confed Pilot #3," he can be spotted during one of the early cinematics as Blair and Maniac first board their new carrier.
Related Web Sites
- Internet Movie Database entry (WC4 actually has en entry in this site.)
- Wikipedia: Wing Commander IV (Article in the open encyclopedia.)
- Wing Commander Combat Information Center (News, polls, links, files and fan art on Wing Commander.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.