DescriptionChristopher Blair, "Heart of the Tiger" had retired to a farming planet after the war, content with retirement, so he says... In the depths of space, a new menace has surfaced. Some unknown attackers are killing civilian ships. The tension between the Confederation and the Border Worlds is at an all time high, as both sides accuse the other of staging the attacks. Admiral Tolwyn has recalled Blair back to service, where he will make the most difficult choice of all... And contemplate action he had never dared before, in the name of justice...
Wing Commander IV: The Price of Freedom is a mix of interactive movie and space sim. The game has a dynamic mission tree, which means the player's behaviour will determine the next mission. The videos feature real actors, like Mark Hamill, Tom Wilson, John Rhys-Davies and Malcolm McDowell. Before the start of each mission, the space craft can be equipped with different weapons. Sometimes the mission objectives change during flight, and the player has to make decisions what he wants to do next, e.g. help out his friend or destroy an enemy fighter.
- "Wing Commander IV: מחיר החופש" -- Hebrew spelling
- "Wing Commander IV: O Preço da Liberdade" -- Brazilian title
- "Wing Commander IV: Mekhir ha-Khofesh" -- Hebrew title
Part of the Following Groups
- Games made into books
- Genre: Simulation - Space combat
- Graphics Engine: RealSpace
- Visual technique / style: Live-action cutscenes
- Wing Commander series
- Wing Commander universe
|This is a game?||Anatole (52)||unrated|
The Press Says
|Pixel-Heroes.de||Mar, 2006||10 out of 10||100|
|Coming Soon Magazine||Jun 16, 1997||90|
|GameSpot||Jun 02, 1997||8.1 out of 10||81|
|Absolute Playstation||Aug, 1997||7 out of 10||70|
|NowGamer||Jun 01, 1997||6.7 out of 10||67|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|How do I run this game in WinME??||7||Darkon
Jan 22, 2008
TriviaAs of June 2000, WC IV still holds the record for most expensive video game ever made. Dissatisfied with the blue-screened video of #3, Chris Roberts decided he wanted to build full-sized sets for the game. The end result was around $10 million dollars spent. By comparision, that's roughly what the original Star Wars cost.
Related Web Sites
- Internet Movie Database entry (WC4 actually has en entry in this site.)
- Wikipedia: Wing Commander IV (Article in the open encyclopedia.)
- Wing Commander Combat Information Center (News, polls, links, files and fan art on Wing Commander.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.