DescriptionIt was time when you were happy, with your woman. But she left this mortal plane, and you lost your lust for life. Now, you're something between life and death, and you don't care, slowly recalling your memories from time to time... *whoosh*, a lightning bolt strikes your chains, and you lift your face up. You see a mage, a mage that set you free, but strangely, you can't escape his control. The rule is: whoever summons someone has full control over his conscience and emotions, and your will is his will.
The story then began... A glowing light brings you here, into the castle, well guarded, but too weak to send any men out to fight. It appears that there is a cult of some priests that are rather wicked and play deadly. And the fact that king's daughter is missing, rather doesn't seem to interest you. But, you can't control yourself, so the deal is that you'll be set free once you give a try to save this kingdom from horde of enemies, and rescue the missing daughter.
Game is much alike to Westwood Studio's Nox, and Blizzard's Diablo in a way of playing: it is an action game with RPG elements. Your mouse can be used for walking, and taking artifacts, opening doors, etc. but you can also use your keyboard for various actions. During the real-time combat, you can perform many different moves, punches and kicks to eliminate your enemies.
- "The Forsaken" -- Original working title
- "Exiled: The Forsaken Saga / Exodus / Forsaken: Thrall of Chaos" -- Different working titles
Part of the Following Groups
- Diablo variants
- Gameplay feature: Armor / Weapon sets
- Gameplay feature: Paper doll inventory
- Theme: Amnesia
|My hero! Return! Our final destiny has not yet been revealed.||Jeanne (76652)|
|Absolute Games (AG.ru)||Nov 05, 1999||90 out of 100||90|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Nov 29, 1999||86 out of 100||86|
|Gaming Age||Sep 05, 2004||B+||83|
|PC Zone||Aug 13, 2001||7.8 out of 10||78|
|GameStar (Germany)||Nov, 1999||74 out of 100||74|
|GameSpot||Nov 05, 1999||7 out of 10||70|
|FiringSquad||Nov 26, 1999||70 out of 100||70|
|Adrenaline Vault, The (AVault)||Dec 02, 1999||60|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Feb, 2000||60|
|Just Adventure||Mar 29, 2003||C||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaWhen you find your way into the Ogrok Camp, you must fight a monster by the name of Baez in hand-to-hand combat. That meanie was obviously named after one of the game's designers Vincent Baez.
Related Web Sites
- Eidos Interactive UK: Revenant (Official site)
- Prima Strategy Guide (Prima's strategy guide online)
- Revenant Forever (Fan Site includes cheats and tips and a decent description of using the Editor. Also has a pictoral description of weapons, armor and spell talisman.)
- Stratos Group Strategy Guide (Full solution for Revenant - including maps of some of the caves and dungeons.)