DescriptionEssentially a side-on scrolling beat 'em up in the vain of The Way of the Exploding Fist, but with an epic storyline and puzzles a-plenty.
The introduction, now an Amiga classic, shows the Beast-mage stealing your infant sister and the purpose of the game is to rescue her back. On the way a variety of puzzles, sub-quests and really nasty monsters dog your every step.
There are no promo images for this game
- "シャドー・オブ・ザ・ビーストⅡ 獣神の呪縛" -- Japanese spelling
- "SOTB2" -- Informal title
- "Shadow of the Beast II: Jūshin no Jubaku" -- Japanese title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|Sega Force||Genesis||Mar 18, 1993||98 out of 100||98|
|The One||Amiga||Sep, 1990||86 out of 100||86|
|Raze||Amiga||Nov, 1990||83 out of 100||83|
|ST Action||Atari ST||Nov, 1991||75 out of 100||75|
|Sega-16.com||Genesis||Mar 29, 2010||7 out of 10||70|
|Electronic Gaming Monthly (EGM)||SEGA CD||Feb, 1995||7 out of 10||70|
|Game Players||SEGA CD||Mar, 1995||63 out of 100||63|
|Computer and Video Games (CVG)||Amiga||Nov, 1990||59 out of 100||59|
|Power Play||Amiga||Nov, 1990||37 out of 100||37|
|Power Play||Atari ST||Mar, 1992||34 out of 100||34|
There are currently no topics for this game.
DevelopmentThe original game was developed using a 25Mhz PC in PDS 2. Whereas the graphics were created on a 25Mhz Amiga 2000 with a 68030 processor board.
The next game in development after this became the shoot 'em up, Awesome.
ManualAccording to the Amiga game manual, it took:
- Fact Box -
- Total Memory Used: 3.5 megabytes
- Graphics Data: 2 megabytes
- Music & Sound Data: 1 megabyte
- Music Sample Rate: 20 kilohertz
- Screen Update: 50 time a second
- Project Duration: 12 months
- EMAP Image's Golden Joystick 1991
- April 1991: Best Graphics - 16 Bit