DescriptionEssentially a side-on scrolling beat 'em up in the vain of The Way of the Exploding Fist, but with an epic storyline and puzzles a-plenty.
The introduction, now an Amiga classic, shows the Beast-mage stealing your infant sister and the purpose of the game is to rescue her back. On the way a variety of puzzles, sub-quests and really nasty monsters dog your every step.
There are no promo images for this game
- "シャドー・オブ・ザ・ビーストⅡ 獣神の呪縛" -- Japanese spelling
- "SOTB2" -- Informal title
- "Shadow of the Beast II: Jūshin no Jubaku" -- Japanese title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|Sega Force||Genesis||Mar 18, 1993||98 out of 100||98|
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||Amiga||Sep, 1990||10 out of 12||83|
|ST Action||Atari ST||Nov, 1991||75 out of 100||75|
|Zzap!||Amiga||Nov, 1990||72 out of 100||72|
|Sega-16.com||Genesis||Mar 29, 2010||7 out of 10||70|
|Play Time||Genesis||May, 1993||68 out of 100||68|
|ACE (Advanced Computer Entertainment)||Amiga||Nov, 1990||605 out of 1000||60|
|Computer and Video Games (CVG)||Amiga||Nov, 1990||59 out of 100||59|
|Mean Machines||Genesis||Jan, 1993||58 out of 100||58|
|Mega Fun||SEGA CD||Aug, 1994||50 out of 100||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
DevelopmentThe original game was developed using a 25Mhz PC in PDS 2. Whereas the graphics were created on a 25Mhz Amiga 2000 with a 68030 processor board.
The next game in development after this became the shoot 'em up, Awesome.
ManualAccording to the Amiga game manual, it took:
- Fact Box -
- Total Memory Used: 3.5 megabytes
- Graphics Data: 2 megabytes
- Music & Sound Data: 1 megabyte
- Music Sample Rate: 20 kilohertz
- Screen Update: 50 time a second
- Project Duration: 12 months
- EMAP Image's Golden Joystick 1991
- April 1991: Best Graphics - 16 Bit