DescriptionFollowing his successes for the Rebel Alliance in the previous game, the adventures of the starfighter pilot "Rookie One" continue. While out scouting in the Dreighton Nebula, Rookie One's patrols receive a distress call from a freighter. As this is an area where ships are known to disappear, any deviation from the flight path is dangerous. But what they find is an Imperial presence where there shouldn't be one... and a new secret project to bring about the destruction of the Rebel Alliance.
Rebel Assault II is a rail-shooter "interactive movie" featuring a variety of action sequences. Rookie One will fly sequences in an X-Wing, the Millennium Falcon, speeder bikes and being on foot. His only real ability is the precise targeting and shooting of laser weapon and occasionally the chance to take cover and avoid obstacles. Rookie One will team up with other characters who will aid him and need to be defended in turn. Occasionally different paths can be chosen in the animation and different events triggered, but for the most part the game is a closed environment.
There are no promo images for this game
- "絕地大反攻2" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "Star Wars: Rebel Assault II: El Imperio Oculto" -- Spanish title
Part of the Following Groups
- Live action cut-scenes
- PlayStation Platinum Range releases
- Star Wars licensees
- Star Wars: Rebel Assault series
|GamePro (US)||PlayStation||Jan 01, 2000||4.5 out of 5||90|
|Coming Soon Magazine||DOS||Nov 30, 1995||89 out of 100||89|
|Joystick (French)||Macintosh||Feb, 1996||85 out of 100||85|
|PC Games (Germany)||DOS||Dec, 1995||83 out of 100||83|
|PC Player (Germany)||DOS||Dec, 1995||82 out of 100||82|
|GameSpot||Windows||May 01, 1996||7.5 out of 10||75|
|Video Games||PlayStation||Jan, 1997||75 out of 100||75|
|All Game Guide||PlayStation||1998||70|
|PC Gamer||DOS||Feb, 1996||65 out of 100||65|
|PC Multimedia & Entertainment||DOS||Jan 31, 1996||50 out of 100||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaAccording to Lucasarts' old quarterly magazine "The Adventurer", "Rebel Assault II: The Hidden Empire" was the first media since "Return of the Jedi" to incorporate live-action actors and footage in the Star Wars universe. Apparently the editors of "The Adventurer" didn't feel that the "Ewok" movies did not count (and by all means they don't, since none of those movies really reference to anything in Star Wars except Ewoks).
Related Web Sites
- Brad Pack's Ultimate Rebel Assault 2 Home Page (This home page will help you beat Rebel Assault 2: The Hidden Empire at ANY level with or without cheating, and will help you discover many secrets you may not have known were in the game. Rebel Assault 2 has probably more easter eggs (programmer secrets), special modes, and spoilers than any other computer game.
-- Brad Pack's own description of his site. )
- Lucas Arts: The Hidden Empire (Official site.)