You play the role of Torque, a death row inmate with an ambiguous past who has been imprisoned for slaying his ex-wife and children. Shortly after being interred in a new prison on Carnate Island, an earthquake appears to release demonic creatures based on the many modes of execution used in the sordid history of the island. These creatures proceed to eliminate much of the prison population, leaving only you and a scant few other inmates and guards to eliminate the horde and find out what has happened.
- "劫难" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
Part of the Following Groups
The Press Says
||Mar 29, 2004
||8.8 out of 10
|Next Level Gaming
||Mar 09, 2004
||84 out of 100
||Dec 09, 2004
||82 out of 100
||Nov 16, 2004
||81 out of 100
||Jun 24, 2004
||Nov 08, 2005
||80 out of 100
||74 out of 100
||May 17, 2004
||14 out of 20
||Mar 12, 2004
||Mar 12, 2004
A GameCube version was already planned, but was cancelled because previous Midway
titles sold poorly on the platform.
The creatures and characters in The Suffering
were designed by movie special effects master Stan Winston
(designer of the Terminator exoskeleton, the Predator, the Alien Queen and the Jurassic Park dinos).
There are a number of changes in the German version:
- The making of feature and a trailer were removed.
- There are no mutilated humans to be found.
- Several cutscenes were cut. In some just the blood was removed, a few scenes are completely darkened out.
- In the PlayStation 2 version, an instrument of torture was removed from a dead guard.
- All swastikas were removed (this applies to every version except US)
A detailed list of changes can be found on schnittberichte.com
The PC version was released as freeware on September 25, 2008.
Information also contributed by
Related Web Sites