DescriptionIn this action-platformer, Bowser and Peach find themselves at the wedding altar, forced into marriage by the evil Count Bleck. With this union, a void will engulf the entire universe as foretold by the book, the Dark Prognosticus. Before Luigi can stop Count Bleck, the villain escapes with an item known as the Chaos Heart. However, there is another book, called the Light Prognosticus, which can counteract the Dark Prognosticus. The Light Prognosticus foretells of a hero dressed in overalls. This hero is believed to possess the power to stop certain destruction of the universe.
Mario, joined by Peach, Bowser, and a new group of friends, must travel through eight worlds in search of Pure Hearts. Each character has a special ability, which can help the player solve the game's many puzzles. Mario can flip between the second and third dimensions in order to find items, secret pathways, and pound enemies. Peach can use her parasol to float long distances and to defend against enemy attacks. Bowser uses his fire breath to light things and to fry enemies.
Super Paper Mario does not fully depart from its RPG roots. For instance Mario and friends receive points from baddies. These points allow Mario and company to level up. Items can also be used to attack enemies or gain lives. Players collect coins to pay for more items.
Players can shake the Wii remote after jumping on bad guys but before hitting the ground to gain extra experience points. Players use Tippi, a Pixl, allowing them to point the remote at the screen to find secrets. Other Pixls, who help in other ways, can be found along the way. Pixls besides Tippi can be used by pressing the 1 button.
- "スーパーペーパーマリオ" -- Japanese spelling
- "슈퍼 페이퍼 마리오" -- Korean spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Genre: Optical illusion / Perspective puzzles
- Mario games
- Mario RPG series
- Nintendo Selects releases
- Paper Mario series
|Good On "Paper", Average In Reality.||So Hai (371)|
|The Anti-Difficulty Movement||Pagen HD (131)|
|GamePro (US)||Apr 24, 2007||90|
|VicioJuegos.com||Sep 06, 2007||89 out of 100||89|
|IGN||Apr 05, 2007||8.9 out of 10||89|
|The Wiire||Apr 02, 2007||B+||83|
|1UP||Apr 06, 2007||B+||83|
|USA Today||Apr 09, 2007||80|
|PAL Gaming Network (PALGN)||Sep 21, 2007||7.5 out of 10||75|
|Tweakers.net||Oct 03, 2007||7.5 out of 10||75|
|Good Game||Oct 02, 2007||7 out of 10||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
DevelopmentSuper Paper Mario was originally announced as a GameCube game at the 2006 E3 show in May 2006. Likely due to greater-than-expected pre-release Wii popularity, the game had been moved to that system by September. The only major addition appears to be the addition of the 16:9 mode.
GlitchThere is a bug in the original European release when playing the game in UK English, German, or Spanish. After meeting Mimi in Chapter 2-2, if you talk to her before picking up the key that opens the nearby trap, the game will freeze. Nintendo of Europe offered a workaround on the website and planned to offer a replacement disc as well.
- Just prior to fighting the boss of Chapter 1 Fracktail, he says several things referencing real world computers/electronics including "CTRL + ALT + DEL." He also states "I am error" alluding to the infamous character in Zelda II: The Adventure of Link.
- Fracktail's eye contains the Wii Shop Channel logo animation while he is "processing" to decipher Mario's identity.
- 2007 – #3 Best Wii Game of the Year
- 2007 – #9 Wii Game of the Year
- 2007 – Wii RPG of the Year
Related Web Sites
- Super Paper Mario (Nintendo's Official Wii Section for Super Paper Mario.)
- Wikipedia (In-depth overview of the game at the open encyclopedia)