DescriptionIn the first part of the 21st century, scientists discovered a huge asteroid named Vulcan's Hammer headed straight for Earth. A single corporation decided the only way for survival was to colonize other worlds. One ship was launched and as it sat in orbit around Jupiter, Earth was no more. Now it is your task to seek out a new planet and repopulate it with human life. The game is set in an isometric third person perspective, like that of SimCity, in which you must re-colonize the planet while dealing with the intricacies of day-to-day life.
- "生存" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
Part of the Following Groups
|PC Gamer||Sep, 1994||93 out of 100||93|
|All Game Guide||1998||80|
|PC Games (Germany)||Aug, 1994||80 out of 100||80|
|Play Time||Aug, 1994||75 out of 100||75|
|Play Time||Nov, 1994||70 out of 100||70|
|Score||Nov, 1994||65 out of 100||65|
|PC Joker||Sep, 1994||64 out of 100||64|
|PC Joker||Aug, 1994||62 out of 100||62|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Oct 10, 1994||60 out of 100||60|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Oct, 1994||20|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Installation disketteDespite being released on CD-ROM, version 1.0 of Outpost also included a "Launch Control Disk" in the box on a 3.5" Diskette. This floppy diskette contained BLDGBLD.DAT, BLDGOPS.DAT and OUTPOST.EXE, three files that were required to install the game.
SalesDespite being considered one of the buggiest games of all time, Outpost was on PC Data's Top Ten best selling games list for several months.
SoundtrackThe orchestrated soundtrack is the classic Mars, the Bringer of War movement from the Gustav Holst symphony The Planets.
Strategy guideThere was an extensive Strategy Guide written for Outpost by the games designer, Bruce Balfour.
- Computer Gaming World
- November 1996 (15th anniversary issue) – Worst Game of All Time
- PC Player (Germany)
- Issue 01/1995 - Most Brutal Customer Stultification in 1994
- Power Play
- Issue 02/1995 – Biggest Disappointment in 1994
Related Web Sites
- OUTPOST is being redeveloped! (OUTPOST was a great idea but the implementation was far from. Despite that, OUTPOST deserves its 15 minutes of fame and so is now being redeveloped and redesigned!
Visit the OUTPOST: Missing In Action website for more information!)
- The Outpost Universe (Fansite for Sierras Outpost 1 & 2 games)