DescriptionCall of Duty 2 is an installment in the series of war-themed first-person perspective shooters. The game is trying to recreate the big military operations of World War II (Defence of Stalingrad, invasion in Normandy and German-British war in North Africa).
Developers from Infinity Ward divided Call of Duty 2 into three campaigns (Russian, British and American) and put into the game a lot of new features (e.g. no health indicator, option to complete mission objectives in different order). Expanded multiplayer modes are also available.
- "使命召唤2" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "COD2" -- Common abbreviation
- "콜 오브 듀티 2" -- Korean spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Anti-Cheat Technology: PunkBuster
- Call of Duty series
- Historical conflict: World War II
- Technology: amBX
|Really good, but not perfect.||D Michael (221)|
|Excellent world-war-two shooter, though not as good as the first.||wildweasel (24)|
|My first Call of Duty experience & thumbs up on this older game||StorytellerShannon (19)|
The Press Says
|Game Chronicles||Nov 01, 2005||9.8 out of 10||98|
|Game Informer Magazine||Dec, 2005||9.75 out of 10||98|
|PC Games (Germany)||Nov 28, 2005||91 out of 100||91|
|Gameguru Mania||Nov 17, 2005||91 out of 100||91|
|ToTheGame||Nov 07, 2005||9 out of 10||90|
|eGames||Nov 05, 2007||8.8 out of 10||88|
|Fragland.net||Nov 18, 2005||83.5 out of 100||84|
|1UP||Oct 25, 2005||8 out of 10||80|
|Edge||Nov 24, 2005||7 out of 10||70|
|neXGam||2005||7 out of 10||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesCall of Duty 2 appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
German versionsIn the German version terms like "Nazi" or "Kraut" and all mentions of Hitler, Stalin, Rommel or the Third Reich were removed. The intro movies with real-life movie material are slightly re-cut and all swastikas were either removed or replaced with iron crosses. A detailed list of all changes can be found on schnittberichte.com.
ReferencesOne of the tank commanders in Call of Duty 2 is called Greta Garbo, after the famous Swedish actress.
SalesCall of Duty 2 was the first Xbox 360 game to sell over one million units in the US.
- Computer Games
- March 2006 - #7 PC Game of the Year in the 2005
- 2005 – #5 Game of the Year
- 2005 – #3 PC Game of the Year
- 2005 – Xbox 360 Game of the Year
- 2005 – Xbox 360 Game of the Year (Readers' Vote)
- 2005 – PC FPS of the Year
- 2005 – Xbox 360 Shooter of the Year
- 2005 – Best Sound of the Year (PC)
- PC Powerplay (Germany)
- Issue 04/2006 - #3 Action Game in 2005 (Readers' Vote)
Related Web Sites
- Official Call Of Duty Website (Official Call Of Duty Series Website)
- X360A Call of Duty 2 achievement guide (X360A's achievement guide to Call of Duty 2.)