Not an American user?
DescriptionThe craters together is named Misplaced Optimism... And it's completely appropriate. Located on Titan, one of Saturn's moons, the colony started as a mining colony. As the wealth of mineral discovery spread, gangs moved in... until the whole place is held by two rival gangs, some misc. factions, and a lot of people caught inbetween, with no way out.
You are just one of the "moth" flyer owners, and you want to get out of this godforsaken hellhole, and the only way to do is to play the game... a mean game of survival.
Hardwar is a free-form and plot-driven game that was inspired by Elite and Privateer. Entire Misplace Optimism is simulated with other crafts moving about their own business, from transport to piracy to bounty hunters and more, and you can join them. Transport your own goods from source to destination to earn a profit. Chase down helpless merchant moths and cut them apart with your weapons and then retrieve their cargo. Chase down pirates and other evildoers on commission of the local police. Upgrade your craft with better components, software, or even new moth models. You can even own buildings in this game world, and charge others for repairs and such. Follow through the plot, where you need to undertake a few special missions, and you may even get a chance to escape this hellhole once and for all...
- "Hardwar: The Future is Greedy" -- Jewel case release title
- "Hardwar: Die Zukunft ist gierig" -- German title
Part of the Following Group
|The Future of 1998||Ashley Pomeroy (233)|
|massively multiplayer sci-fi game||zero@titan (36)|
The Press Says
|Power Play||Sep, 1998||87 out of 100||87|
|Svenska PC Gamer||Sep, 1998||86 out of 100||86|
|PC Gameplay (Benelux)||Nov, 1998||78 out of 100||78|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Feb, 1999||70|
|Game Over Online||Sep 04, 1998||68 out of 100||68|
|PC Player (Germany)||Sep, 1998||66 out of 100||66|
|GameStar (Germany)||Oct, 1998||58 out of 100||58|
|PC Action||Sep 16, 1998||45 out of 100||45|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaSome US releases included a Fragile Allegiance CD(full version - just cd in slip case) inside the box
It doesn't appear to be all but likely just some US releases(which were published by Interplay(publishers of Fragile Allegiance))
Related Web Sites
- Alpha Crater -- This site caters for many members of the Hardwar community.News,tips,screenshots,chat and the latest updates can be found here!
- Bjarne Jenson's Hardwar pages -- Bjarne Jenson's Hardwar pages
- Captain Zedo's -- Probably the best fansite for Hardwar; includes an active message board and lots of gameplay tips.
- Crazy's Hardwar Page -- Crazy's Hardwar Page
- David Herbour's Hardwar Pages -- David Herbour's Hardwar Pages
- Hardwar FAQ -- An excellent and very in depth Hardwar FAQ
- Hardwar Tales Of Greed -- The very first hardwar fanfiction site.
- Hardwar webring -- This Webring has been established For Pilots to reference the associated Facilities that offer anything to do with the HardW[a]r universe. Please visit these facilities as they offer many different things that are interesting and useful to all!
- Highrise Industries -- Highrise Industries
- Huz's Hardwar Pages -- Huz's Hardwar Pages
- Moth Designs Inc -- Moth Designs Inc
- Nar Sluke's Hardwar Emporium -- Nar Sluke's Hardwar Emporium
- Omega's Hardwar pages -- Omega's Hardwar pages
- Shrekken's Hanger -- Shrekken's Hanger
- Timiski's Hardw[a]r map site -- The latest and greatest maps for hardwar!
- Titan University -- Titan University
- Underdog's Hardwar Pages -- Underdog's Hardwar Pages
- Xaffax's Pirate's Nest -- Xaffax's Pirate's Nest
cuchulainn (17) added Hardwar (Windows) on Jul 17, 2000